Do you have the idea how you can save the rainwater for different usages? We all know that rainwater contains so many minerals that are healthy. It contains highly oxygenated, inorganic ions, and fluoride compounds. Also, it is free of salts. So, you can use rainwater for different purposes. However, the most common usage of rainwater is using in the garden. But what is the best method to collect rainwater? In this point, the necessity of rain barrel come. This is the most popular and easy way to collect rainwater directly to a tank. If you don’t know what the best rain barrels are, just go through my list.
How to Choose a Rain Barrel?
Though it is easy to collect rainwater with a rain barrel, but it is not easy to find the best product. There are some tricks that you can follow to get the right one.
- Capacity: The first thing you need to consider about a rain barrel is its ability. If you need to collect a huge amount of water, you can go for some high capacity models. However, if you don’t have a large area to cover with rainwater, just a medium size barrel is enough.
- Material: Make sure that the material of the barrel is not harmful to health. If the main material is plastic, make sure that the plastic is free of the chemical.
- Handling Overflow: To handle the overflow problem, choose a product which has a valve to avoid overload. You will find the information on the product page.
- Expanding Capacity: If you want to connect two barrels, then choose a product which has the linking system. This allows you to collect more rainwater without any hassle.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Kitchen Bins Review in 2019
- 1. Enviro World Corporation Rain Barrel
- 2. EMSCO Group Rescue 50-Gallon Whiskey Rain Barrel
- 3. RTS Home Accents ECO Rain Water barrel
- 4. Good Ideas RB55-BLUE Big Blue Recycled Rain Barrel
- 5. ETNA 50-gallon Portable Rain Barrel
- 6. Good Ideas RW50-OAK Rain Wizard Rain Barrel
- 7. Enviro World corporation EWC-14 Free garden Rain Barrel
- 8. Emergency Essentials Water Barrel
1. Enviro World Corporation Rain Barrel
If you want a durable product that you can use for many seasons, try this unit. This one is made of a high-grade material to avoid any chemical attack in it. Also, this barrel keeps the water clean and fresh. So, you can stay safe about your health.
- 55-gallon capacity.
- Sleek flat back square design to fit in any location of your home.
- Three extra mounting locations.
- High-quality injection molded to keep the water clean.
- Sturdy construction to sustain for a long time.
2. EMSCO Group Rescue 50-Gallon Whiskey Rain Barrel
Sometimes rain barrel is not only to collect the water for your garden; this can be an additional resource of water for your home usage. Also, you can save some utility bill with it. Well, in that case, you need to make sure the material is entirely safe for your health. So, you can use this EMSCO Group rain barrel which is made of high-grade material. It doesn’t do any chemical reaction with the water and keep it safe for you.
- 50-gallon water capacity.
- Integrated planter in the top to decorate with plants.
- Built-in weep hole for the proper drainage system.
- Included the rainwater diverter system.
- Prevent overflow automatically.
3. RTS Home Accents ECO Rain Water barrel
If you want to use rainwater to use for your home purpose, you can use this unit. It comes with harm-free materials for the health issue. Made of 100% recycled plastic, so it is eco-friendly too. It is easy to set up the barrel anywhere from your home.
- Flat back design for easy installation.
- Its capacity is 50-gallon.
- Plastic screen to keep out debris and insects.
- Plastic Spigot shut-off valve to handle the overflow.
4. Good Ideas RB55-BLUE Big Blue Recycled Rain Barrel
Need something bigger to collect a good amount of water in the barrel? Look the features of Good Ideas RB55 rainwater barrel. It comes in blue color and easily suits in any area of your home. No need any additional tool for installation.
- 55-gallon water capacity.
- Rust, mildew and mold resistant.
- Brass spigot for dual overflow.
- Safe from pet and child.
- BPA free material to avoid health issues.
5. ETNA 50-gallon Portable Rain Barrel
If you can’t afford a high-priced rain water barrel, you can use it. This is a portable rain barrel which is easy to move here to there. You can collect rainwater from the rooftop through a direct pipeline. Easy to install anywhere. However, this is not recommended if you want quality. You can use this for maximum one season.
- 50 gallons of capacity.
- Portable design for easy movement.
- Collapsible style for easy storage.
- A zipper in the top to lock the barrel.
6. Good Ideas RW50-OAK Rain Wizard Rain Barrel
Do you love stylish products? Looking for a classy rain barrel? The Good Ideas RW50 will be a good choice for you. It comes with a unique design. Available in different colors. Also, it is easy to install anywhere in your home. This is suitable to collect water for plants.
- The capacity of the barrel is 50 gallons.
- Flat-back space-saving design.
- Anti-debris screen to keep out bugs and gutter garbage.
- Rotationally molded for durability.
7. Enviro World corporation EWC-14 Free garden Rain Barrel
This is one of the best rain barrels that come with stylish design. Because of its durable construction, you can use it for several seasons. There are no harmful chemicals in its material. So, it is safe for plants. You can easily install in any location of the home.
- 208-litre water capacity.
- No cheap materials have used.
- Easy drainage system with a valve.
- Three different spigot mounting locations.
8. Emergency Essentials Water Barrel
If you have a good budget to order a premium water barrel, I suggest for going for this unit. It comes with an excellent finishing and easy to install at home. Made of food grade plastic so that you can use the collected water for household purposes too.
- 55-gallon water capacity.
- BPA free food grade plastic.
- Comes with removable attachment.
- Excellent construction to sustain for a long time.
There are top rain barrels in this list. But identify what you are going to do with the barrel. If it is only for water in the garden, you can go for any of them. But if you are looking for a barrel where you can keep the water safe to use for home purposes, the Emergency Essentials Water Barrel is recommended.