A monocular is a modified version of a telescope which helps the user to get a clear vision of an object. Usually, they are made of a series of lenses. The operation of a monocular is similar to a binocular, but they come in a small dimension. There are different brands of monocular in the market. But when you want to choose the best monocular, it becomes difficult to take the decision. If you are hesitating to choose the right product, then here I am sharing the list of top 8 monoculars with detailed reviews.
How to Choose the Right Monocular?
When selecting a monocular for you, look for the following essential features in the product to ensure you are getting the right product.
- Magnification Power and the Lens:
The most important part of a monocular is its magnification power. Look for what is the magnification power of the monocular. Most of the products come with 5x and 8x magnification power. Look for the lens size for a clear vision of the object. It varies from 20mm to 42 mm.
- Lens Coating: If you want to get a good deal, you should check for an anti-glare coating on it. Lens coating enhances the brightness of the image.
- Eye Relief Distance: Check the eye relief distance of the monocular to stay comfortable with it. It is measured in millimeters, and it indicates how far you can see through the monocular. If you wear glasses, you should choose it as 14 mm.
- Compact Design: For carrying the monocular without any hassle, you should choose a product with a compact design. Also, check the weight of the monocular to stay comfortable for long time usage. However, if weight is not a big issue for you, you can choose larger models.
Also Read: Top 8 Best Paper Cutter Review in 2018
- 1. Wingspan Optics Explorer High Powered Monocular
- 2. Miluo Tech 16×52 Dual Focus Monocular
- 3. Vortex Optics Solo 10×25 Waterproof Monocular
- 4. Vortex Optics Solo R/T Tactical Monocular
- 5. Gosky Titan 12X50 High Power Prism Monocular
- 6. Tonyhoney Monocular Telescope
- 7. MeeQee 10X42 Dual Focus Monocular Telescope
- 8. VITE Monocular Scope
1. Wingspan Optics Explorer High Powered Monocular
If you are looking for a powerful monocular with an affordable price, this unit is highly recommended. It comes with 12×50 magnification power to provide a clear image of the object. It comes with 50 mm lens which is the maximum among the similar products. So, you will get a clear and bright image of the object.
- Comes with durable external armor and tripod.
- This is a fog proof and Waterproof monocular.
- Suitable to use in any weather.
- Provide a clear and bright view of the object.
2. Miluo Tech 16×52 Dual Focus Monocular
If you don’t need a monocular with high-grade features, you can go for this unit. It is an ordinary monocular that is suitable for regular purposes. It comes with an affordable price. This is an ideal monocular for camping, hunting, and other outdoor activities. Comes with a compact design that easily accommodates in your hand.
- Designed with dual focus capability.
- 16x magnification power to watch objects.
- 52 mm objective diameter for a clear image.
- Rubber armored for the durability.
3. Vortex Optics Solo 10×25 Waterproof Monocular
Users who have a mid-level budget for a new monocular can try this unit. It is easy to use and comes with a handy design. Also, this is a lightweight product that you can carry in your travel bag without any hassle. The 10x magnification power helps to get a clear view of an object.
- Multi-coated glass surface for a bright image.
- Adjustable eyecup for the convenience.
- Rubber armor for the durability.
- Non-slip grip for comfortably hold the monocular.
- Waterproof and fog proof to use in any weather.
4. Vortex Optics Solo R/T Tactical Monocular
If you can increase your budget, there are different options for you. This Vortex Optics is one of the best monocular that you can use for various purposes without any hassle. It comes with a durable construction so that you can use it for a long time without any hassle. Also, it has an 8x magnification power for a bright and clear image.
- It uses roof prism.
- Reticle with reticle focus for the perfect image.
- Multicoated glass surface for the durability.
- Waterproof, fog proof and shockproof to use in any condition.
- Flared adjustable eyecup and utility clip for handiness.
5. Gosky Titan 12X50 High Power Prism Monocular
This prism monocular is suitable to use for any outdoor activities without any hassle. Comes with 12x magnification power to get a clear image of a distant object. 50mm objective diameter wide lens ensures a bright image of the object. Rubber armor and stripes for perfect fitting.
- Large BAK-4 Prism inside for superior light transmission.
- Comes with a quick alignment system to use with a smartphone.
- Waterproof and dustproof to use in any condition.
- The shockproof design ensures the safety of the monocular.
- Easy to adjust for the perfect image.
6. Tonyhoney Monocular Telescope
Do you need a monocular telescope which you can use with your smartphone? Then this unit from Tonyhoney is highly recommended. Also, it comes with a compact design, so carrying is not an issue. Comes with 10x magnification power to provide great image quality. Easy to adjust with the smartphone and tripod.
- Multi-coated green film objective lens with Bak-4 prisms.
- Easy to use with a smartphone to capture high-resolution video from a distance.
- Rubber armored for durability.
- Waterproof, dustproof and fog proof for the safety.
- Smartphone and tripod adapter.
7. MeeQee 10X42 Dual Focus Monocular Telescope
Need a dual focus monocular with a cheap rate? Then this is the best one for you. This unit is easy to use, and you can use it for any outside activities. Designed with 10x magnification power to get 10x closure image from a long distance.
- LARGE BAK-4 PRISM and multicoated lens for superior light transmission.
- Comes with hand focus wheel for adjusting the monocular.
- Adjustable with cups for people who wear glasses.
- Dustproof and waterproof monocular.
- 40 days money back guarantee.
8. VITE Monocular Scope
If you are struggling to find the best inexpensive monocular, this unit is recommended for you. It comes with excellent construction for the durability. Customers are highly pleased with its features. No matter if you use glasses, it easily adjusts with glass wearer.
- Suitable for multipurpose usage.
- Smooth and easy one hand operation for the handiness.
- Hand strap to hold the monocular safely.
- High power objective lens to get clear vision.
- Lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
No matter how much money you can spend for a new monocular, there are both cheap and high-end products in this list. Just identify where you are going to use the monocular. If you want to use the monocular for most of the outdoor activities, then you should pick a waterproof monocular from the list.
Also Read: Best Magic Kits for Kids Reviews