An exhaust fan is as essential for a washroom as a bulb is. You need to make the best decision for your bathroom for which we have for you our top picks for the nine best wall mount exhaust fans.
Why do you need an exhaust fan for your bathroom?
You need powerful ventilation to reduce humidity and to eliminate fogged mirrors quickly. This ventilation manages moisture, making your vision clear and your surroundings comfortable. It would also help to get rid of the lousy washroom odors and will keep the place pleasant to be in.
Factors to consider before buying an exhaust fan:
We have for you a list of factors that you should consider when buying an exhaust fan for bathroom.
- Some Rating
Look for a fan with a lower Some rating. A lower Some rating means that the fan is quieter and you’d want a fan that makes less noise.
You need to make sure that the fan you’re going to purchase is of the right size. A diameter of 4 inches is standard, but some high CFM fans have a 6-inch diameter duct. Make sure that the size of the exhaust port on the fan fits your washroom’s duct work.
Make sure the fan doesn’t overload the electrical circuit. Larger, more powerful motors on high-CFM fans draw more power. However, it should be strong enough to draw out the air continuously. A 50-square foot or smaller bathroom needs a 50 CFM fan, i.e., approximately 1 CFM for one sq. Ft.
Now let’s see the nine best exhaust fans for washroom:
Without further wait, we have for you our top picks for the nine best exhaust fans for the bathroom that you can find in the market. Let’s have a look at what they offer.
- 9. Broan Exhaust Fan, White Vertical Discharge Ceiling Ventilation Fan, 6.5 Sones, 180 CFM, 8″
- 8. Broan High Capacity Ventilator Fan, Commercial Exhaust Fan, 2.9 Sones, 120V, 308 CFM
- 7. Broan Sensonic Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Bluetooth Speaker, ENERGY STAR Certified, 1.0 Sones, 110 CFM, White
- 6. BV Ultra-Quiet 150 CFM, 2.0 Sones Bathroom Ventilation & Exhaust Fan
- 5. Broan Ceiling Exhaust Fan and Light with Sound-Absorbent Acoustic Insulation for Bathroom and Home, 100-Watts, 100 CFM
- 4. Ultra Quiet Ventilation Fan Bathroom Exhaust Fan (70CFM/0.3Sone)
- 3. Ventline (V2262-50 (7″) 50 CFM Ceiling Exhaust Fan
- 1. Broan Ventilation Fan, White Square Ceiling or Wall-Mount Exhaust Fan, 4.0 Sones, 50 CFM
9. Broan Exhaust Fan, White Vertical Discharge Ceiling Ventilation Fan, 6.5 Sones, 180 CFM, 8″
This efficient wall mounts exhaust fan for the bathroom helps to eliminate bad odors and humidity after hot showers from your washrooms, keeping the air fresh in there. It can be installed wherever you want between ceiling joists, includes steel mounting brackets with keyholes for quick, easy installation and has paintable polymeric grilles that you can paint according to your washrooms colors.
· Energy star and HVI star certified
· Operates on 180 CFM and 6.5 Sones
· 8 inches
8. Broan High Capacity Ventilator Fan, Commercial Exhaust Fan, 2.9 Sones, 120V, 308 CFM
This 20-gauge galvanized steel exhaust fan operates on a single, impact-resistant centrifugal blower wheel and comes with an eight inches round metal duct connector so you can use it for a long time. It is super convenient: can be placed on the wall or the ceiling, horizontally or vertically. The lubricated motor makes it quiet and long lasting.
· High capacity: 308 CFM, 120V, and 2.9 Sones
· Permanently lubricated motors
· Heavy duty
7. Broan Sensonic Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Bluetooth Speaker, ENERGY STAR Certified, 1.0 Sones, 110 CFM, White
This wall mounted exhaust fan installation is super easy for DIY’ers; it is both an exhaust fan and a wireless stereo with Bluetooth Dual High-Fidelity Sensonic speakers powerful enough for a 105 sq. Ft. Bathroom. You can now enjoy your favorite playlist while taking a shower with this fantastic exhaust fan.
· Exhaust fan + wireless stereo
· Operates at 110 CFM and 1.0 Sones
· Fits 2 x 8 inches ceiling construction
6. BV Ultra-Quiet 150 CFM, 2.0 Sones Bathroom Ventilation & Exhaust Fan
This exhaust fan for the bathroom can ventilate an area of around 150 sq. Ft. It has a stainless steel duct collar of 4 inches, and with its Silent intelligent technology, it works quietly moving the maximum amount of air with minimum noise.
It comes with a one-year limited warranty and technical support service. Its heavy duty motor is lifetime lubricated and thermally protected and is perfect for continuous use.
· Operates at 2.0 Sones
· Mounting opening 10.5 x 10.5 inches
· Height: 8.”
5. Broan Ceiling Exhaust Fan and Light with Sound-Absorbent Acoustic Insulation for Bathroom and Home, 100-Watts, 100 CFM
The permanently lubricated motor of this exhaust fan ensures long life and low maintenance and low noise. It has the 100-watt light capacity, adjustable, slotted mounting brackets and a 4-inch round duct. It is designed for bathrooms up to 90 sq. Ft.
· 100 CFM and 4.5 Sones
· Built-in light capacity
· The duct has a 2-inch long tapered sleeve
· Built-in damper
4. Ultra Quiet Ventilation Fan Bathroom Exhaust Fan (70CFM/0.3Sone)
As this fan’s name suggests, this fan is the quietest in this list with the sound of 0.3 Sones. It has a designer styled white polymeric grille and can reduce excess moisture and odor in minutes. The sleek design can complement any bathroom.
· Air movement: Up to 70 CFM
· Ceiling opening: 9.4 x 9.4 inches
· Height: 8 inches
· Duct size: 4 inches
3. Ventline (V2262-50 (7″) 50 CFM Ceiling Exhaust Fan
This fan is perfect for small areas with its dynamically balanced polypropylene blade and high-performance motor. It requires an opening of 8-inch diameter. The module would never bend out of shape.
· 7-inch fan without cap and flange
· 115V, 50 CFM
2. Broan InVent Series Single-Speed Fan, Ceiling Room-Side Installation Bathroom Exhaust Fan, ENERGY STAR Certified, 1.5 Sones, 80 CFM
This high-quality wall-mounted exhaust fan for the bathroom is perfect for an area of up to 75 sq. Ft. It is easy to install, reduces air leakage by 50% and will stop the steam from spreading if placed on top of the tub or shower.
· Powerful ventilation
· No attic access for installation
· TrueSeal Damper Technology
1. Broan Ventilation Fan, White Square Ceiling or Wall-Mount Exhaust Fan, 4.0 Sones, 50 CFM
This versatile, quiet, and high-quality exhaust fan can be installed anywhere between the ceiling joists and wall studs and has paintable polymeric grilles. The plug-in, permanently lubricated motor is known for its longevity.
· Operate on 50 CFM
· 4.0 Sone rating
· Easily removable motor for cleaning
Wrap it up
We aimed to guide you about how to decide which wall mounted exhaust fan you need and for this we owed you a buyer’s guide and reviews of the best nine fans available. We hope that all of this has equipped you enough to get the best one for yourself.