There are different tools required for home improvement and DIY projects. One of the most important tools is a hammer drill. Though you can do typical drilling works with a power drill, but when you need perfection, should use a hammer drill. Hammer drill is a combination of power drill and hammer. Some DIY projects like attaching fixtures to stone walls, mounting wall brackets, attaching shelves will be comfortable with hammer drills. However, choosing the right one from an extensive collection is difficult. So, after hours of research, here I am going to share a list of top 8 best power hammer drills.
How to Choose the Best Power, Hammer Drill?
Finding the best hammer drill will be easy for you when you know how to pick them. Here I am going to share some tips which you can follow to get the best product.
- Usages of You: Before ordering a hammer drill, identify where you are going to use. If you need something powerful for massive works, you should purchase an electric one. On the other hand, for regular works, you can use a battery powered product.
- Motor: The main power of a hammer drill comes from the motor. When the motor rotates with the heavy speed, it is easy to most of the works. You can choose a brushes motor which has high efficiency and great power.
- Weight: If you are looking for a hammer drill which you are going to use for most of the light works, should choose a lightweight one. They will help you do your projects faster. However, heavy drills are better for getting perfection.
Cordless or Cord Hammer Drill?
It depends on your projects. If you want to stay hassle free and avoid the tangled cord, should go for a cordless one. For large DIY projects, I recommend using a corded one which is faster and provide excellent productivity.
- 1. Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ 1/2 in. Cordless Hammer Drill
- 2. SKIL 6445-04 7.0 Amp 1/2 In. Hammer Drill
- 3. Ingersoll Rand Air Hammer 114GQC
- 4. DEWALT DCK299P2 20V MAX XR Hamer Drill
- 5. Makita XPH102 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill
- 6. Bosch 11316EVS SDS-Max Demolition Hammer
- 7. PORTER-CABLE PC70THD VSR 2-Speed Hammer Drill
- 8. Milwaukee 2704-20 M18 FUEL 1/2″ Hammer Drill
1. Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ 1/2 in. Cordless Hammer Drill
If you need a cordless hammer drill with excellent efficiency, you should try this tool. It comes with three different operating modes which are drill, driver, and hammer. This is an excellent tool for various power settings. Also, this is a lightweight hammer drill which is easy to carry.
- 24 position-clutch for precise torque settings.
- Two-speed gearbox for getting speed variables.
- Additional handle with depth stop rod for accuracy.
- Easy to change the mode with clutch override function.
- Great for wood and concrete works.
2. SKIL 6445-04 7.0 Amp 1/2 In. Hammer Drill
If you want to do different heavy projects including concrete and wood works, check this one from Skil. There is a 7.0-amp motor in it for great power. You can easily do any tough operations with it. You can stay secure about the accuracy because of an additional side handle.
- Electric corded power hammer drill.
- 1/2 in. keyed chuck for large diameter.
- Speed trigger for controlling the speed.
- Ideal for drilling and cutting works.
- Limited warranty from the manufacturer.
- Ingersoll Rand Air Hammer 114GQC
3. Ingersoll Rand Air Hammer 114GQC
Looking for the best inexpensive hammer drill? Then try this unit from Ingersoll Rand. This is a compact design hammer drill for a variety of works. This can provide a 2-5/8-inch stroke and 3,500 BPM for faster work. Speed controlling trigger allows getting the accurate speed.
- Air powered hammer drill.
- Comes with an alloyed steel barrel for the longevity.
- 0.401-inch shank for a variety of works.
- Contoured grip for the comfort of the user.
4. DEWALT DCK299P2 20V MAX XR Hamer Drill
Dewalt is the industry leader for different home improvement tools, and this unit is a great invention from them. This is a combo set where you will get a hammer drill and impact driver kits. Most of the DIY projects can be done with it without any hassle. Brushless motor for excellent efficiency in your projects.
- 3 different speed levels for a variety of works.
- 0-3,250 RPM speed and 0-3,600 impacts per minute.
- Compact and lightweight for easy carrying.
- Battery powered cordless hammer drill.
- Battery included with the product.
5. Makita XPH102 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill
This is one of the best-selling products in the category of power hammer drills. It is a cordless hammer drill which comes with hammer driver toolkits. Our drills comes with two-speed variation for different projects. It weighs only 3.9 lbs. And you can carry easily to different project sites. You can also use it for commercial purposes.
- Extreme protection technology for dust and water resistance.
- Rubberized soft grip to use it comfortably.
- Metal gear construction for the longevity.
- Included dual LED to work in low light.
- 30-days replacement and refund policy.
6. Bosch 11316EVS SDS-Max Demolition Hammer
If you have a good budget to grab the best power hammer drill with great power, I recommend this unit from Bosch. This is a multipurpose hammer drill which is easy to carry with the carrying box. This one is suitable for commercial usages. It ensures the maximum impact energy transfer. It maintains a constant speed for the efficiency.
- High quality with sturdy construction.
- Ideal for any DIY projects.
- Lock positioning to get accuracy.
- Service minder light for indicating when maintenance is required.
- Constant response circuitry.
- Manufacturer warranty is available.
7. PORTER-CABLE PC70THD VSR 2-Speed Hammer Drill
If you need a budget-friendly hammer drill, should try this Porter Cable drill machine. This is a versatile hammer drill which is suitable for working with wood, metal, concrete, brick and other materials. This is a lightweight unit which is easy to carry. There is no complication the using method. It comes with a 7.0-amp motor which provides enough power for perfection.
- Dual speed transmission for the maximum torque.
- Two finger locking trigger for easiness.
- The ideal one for home usage.
- Additional stand for the consistency.
- 3-year limited manufacturer warranty.
8. Milwaukee 2704-20 M18 FUEL 1/2″ Hammer Drill
Do you want to complete most of the lightweight and mid-level DIY projects with your hammer drill? Then choose this unit which is easy to use and comes with a compact design. There is a brushless motor in it which provides maximum productivity.
- It provides up to 2,000 RPm.
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence prevents damage to the tool.
- Cordless battery powered hammer drill.
- Made of plastic and metal materials.
- Batteries are not included.
Before ordering any power hammer dill from the above list, make sure that it is suitable for you. Compare your requirements with the product features. Though all of them come with a variety of features and great construction, but if you are looking for the best power hammer drill for home usages, DEWALT DCK299P2 is the best. On the other hand, if you are looking for the best commercial hammer drill, Bosch 11316EVS will be the best choice.
Also Read: Top 8 Best Grill Brushes With Review in 2018