A portable DVD player plays digital video discs that conform to the universal DVD Video standard. With it, you can play movies with true cinema picture quality and stereo or multi-channel sound (depending on disc and playback set-up). You can also select a soundtrack, subtitle language, and different angles of view (again depending on the DVD disc). Besides, you can restrict the play of discs that are not suitable for children. You can play the following discs on the DVD player (including CD-R, CD-RW, DVD±R, and DVD±RW).
- Video CD
- Audio CD
- MP3 CD
- Discs with JPEG files
Let’s check a run-through of the best sellers down below :
Here’s the full reviewed of “the 10 Best Portable DVD Player ” :
- #10. Pyle Home PDH14 14-inch Portable DVD player
- #9. NAVISKAUTO 14-inch HD Portable DVD/CD Player
- #8. COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player with 9.5″ Swivel Screen
- #7. Sylvania 9-inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player
- #6. Sylvania Portable DVD Player SDVD7027-C, 7-inch, Swivel Screen
- #5. Onn Ona16av008 7-inch Portable DVD player (Certified Refurbished)
- #4. DBPOWER 10.5″ Portable DVD Player with Swivel Screen
- #3. Ematic 9-inch Swivel Blue Portable DVD Player
- #2. DBPOWER 9.5-inch Portable DVD Player
- #1. Sylvania 13.3-inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD
#10. Pyle Home PDH14 14-inch Portable DVD player
A 14-inch 16:19 TFT widescreen monitor highlights this Pyle portable DVD player. This portable DVD player features a long-lasting, rechargeable lithium battery. The adjustable viewing angle, screen rotation, and high resolution make this DVD player a perfect travel companion. The player also has an average battery life of two hours, wireless remote control, and ID3 tag compatibility. Take this player on your next trip and experience the best in portable entertainment.
What we like
- Lightweight, Compact & Portable.
- Hi-Res HD Widescreen Display.
- Top-Loading CD/DVD Tray.
- Built-in Rechargeable Battery
- Dual Full Range Stereo Speakers.
- USB Flash & SD Memory Card Readers.
#9. NAVISKAUTO 14-inch HD Portable DVD/CD Player
If you are considering buying a Portable DVD Player soon or in the future so look into this one. It is made by Toshiba, one of the original creators of DVDs, its sold for a cheap price everywhere and plays movies very well. The matrix movie is a hard movie of most
DVD players that have played but with this player it works fine. It connects to all TV’s with the 3 plugs in the back, yellow, red, white, plugs or known as video, audio. Many people say that DVD is just a fad and will be like beta video, not true there are over 8,000 DVDs out and experts are saying that in 5-10 years standard video will probably be knocked out.
What we like
- 14″ HD LCD TFT back-light big screen: 270° swivel screen with 1366*768 (RGB) high resolution.
- 4000 mAH built-in large capacity lithium battery.
- Product-friendly: customized 3 m wall charger and 3 m cigarette charger and carrying case to make it much easier and safer to use.
- 5 hours built-in rechargeable battery.
- Included USB and SD Card Reader.
#8. COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player with 9.5″ Swivel Screen
COOAU Portable DVD Player can be fun for your kids, they can play games and watch movies, which also can be a great gift or prize for your baby’s birthday or X-mas. It has a super high capacity built-in battery up to 4 hours playback. We also provide one free car charger for a DVD player, so you don’t worry about the electricity of the battery when you are on road trips.
What we like
- 11.5-inch (include out frame).
- 9.5-inch TFT Color-LCD Screen Display Swivel up to 180 x 270 degrees.
- 5 hours playback at full battery.
- Supports DVDs, USB, and SD Card, Convenient to use while traveling.
- Fully Retail Boxed with Mains Adapter – In-Car Adapter- Remote Control- Game Controller & User Manual.
- Built-in Anti-Shock, Compatible with DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD, S-VCD, CD, MP3, MPEG4, WMA, JPEG.
#7. Sylvania 9-inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player
Watch all your favorite DVDs on the go with the SDVD9020B 9-inch swivel portable DVD player from Sylvania. The SDVD9020B has a built-in long-life 5 hours rechargeable battery included. It has a 9-inch widescreen the picture jumps out at you.
The slim design lets you take it just about anywhere you go. Plus, you can jump into movies right out of the box – just plug in the included stereo earphones pop in a DVD, and press play.
What we like
- 9-inch widescreen LCD Swivel screen.
- 5 hours of extended battery life.
- Built-in USB/SD Card Reader.
- Included AC and Car Adapter.
#6. Sylvania Portable DVD Player SDVD7027-C, 7-inch, Swivel Screen
SDVD7027-C 7″ Portable DVD Player makes it easy to enjoy your favorite DVD movies on the go. The progressive scan DVD player is compatible with a wide range of disc formats, and movies come to life on the 7-inch widescreen swiveling display with a 16:9 aspect ratio. There is a stereo audio output built-in that works with any standard 3.5 mm headphones or earphones, as well as a built-in speaker. Thus, you can play your movie out-loud.
What we like
- Widescreen color 7-inch TFT LCD display swivels up to 180 degrees.
- Plays these formats: DVD, DVD±RW, CD, CD-R/RW, MP3 music burned onto CD-R/RW, JPEG photos burned onto CD-R/RW.
- SD memory card slot for playing MP3 music or showing JPEG photos, or playing MPEG4 videos.
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, built-in stereo speakers.
#5. Onn Ona16av008 7-inch Portable DVD player (Certified Refurbished)
The ONN 7″ Portable DVD Player with matching headphones and bag offer convenience for music lovers on the go. Take your favorite movies, videos, and sound with you on the bus or in the car.
The built-in rechargeable battery allows you to use this quality device over and over with your media. The LCD Portable DVD Player features a 7″ screen that tilts and swivels a full 180 degrees for an optimum viewing angle. The excellent quality video is complemented with nice audio.
What we like
- 7″ 180 degrees Swivel LCD screen.
- DVD, DVD±R/RW, CD, CD±R/RW, MP3, and JPEG compatible.
- Stereo audio output.
- 4 hours battery
#4. DBPOWER 10.5″ Portable DVD Player with Swivel Screen
This model has 3 hours of extended battery life that makes it easy to enjoy your favorite movies on the go. It has a Swivel screen that easy to rotate 360 degrees, perfect visibility, and shock-resistant. Therefore, it included a USB and SD card readers that made you enjoy all your digital media. By the way, this portable DVD player also includes AC and Car adapter, Remote Control, User Manual, AV Cable.
What we like
- Improved battery performance leaves the power wires at home.
- With his improved battery, we extend the playtime to 3hours.
- 4 hours rechargeable battery.
- Built-in USB port and SD card reader, you can enjoy your digital movies and MP3.
- Discs formats: CD, DVD, DVD±R, DVD±RW, VCD, SVCD-R(RW), CD-R(RW) video file.
#3. Ematic 9-inch Swivel Blue Portable DVD Player
Take your movies, photos, and videos on the go with this Ematic portable DVD player. Tilt the 9-inch screen up to 180 degrees to get just the right angle for optimal viewing. This Ematic portable DVD player has a 640 x 234 resolution screen, an audio jack, and a built-in stereo speaker to make watching media easy and enjoyable.
What we like
- 9-inches LCD display Tilt and Swivel up to 180° for improved viewing while in use.
- Comes with matching plush headphones and a deluxe carrying bag to keep the DVD player safe.
- Multi-language on-screen display.
- In the box: 9-inches portable DVD player, AC/DC power adapter, Carrying bag, Headphone, and User manual.
- No needs to replace batteries with our built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery.
#2. DBPOWER 9.5-inch Portable DVD Player
Do you love watching movies and playing games, then DBPOWER is the best choice for you? With High Capacity Built-in Battery: built with 2500 mAh rechargeable lithium battery that ensures you when using them for about 5 hours. Moreover, it supports Multi-Media with direct play in formats CD, DVD, CD-R.
What we like
- Mobile DVD Player.
- The built-in 5 hours rechargeable battery makes the DVD player work at anywhere you are.
- The 270 degrees rotating and 180 degrees flipping design make it perfect for your home, car, plane, any place.
- Supports multiple modes and formats.
- Perfect for road trips.
#1. Sylvania 13.3-inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD
Sylvania 13.3-inch Screen Portable DVD includes a built-in rechargeable battery, plus a car and home adaptor to make sure you never run out of juice. Also included are a USB and SD card reader – just plug in your digital media and enjoy them on this large screen! In the box, you will find a full-function remote control and ear-buds so you can sit back relax and enjoy your view.
Sylvania is well known for its outstanding quality and with this affordable price you are sure to have years of enjoyment! The power position must be turned to “off” in order for the unit to charge.
What we like
- 13.3-inch Portable DVD Player, Swivel Screen.
- The screen conveniently swivels to 180 degrees and is capable of lying flat.
- Built-in USB and SD Card Reader to play all your digital format entertainment.
- Play Music, Movies and View Pictures – Compatible with DVD±R/RW, CD-R/RW, MP3, JPEG.
- Includes Built-in Rechargeable Battery, AC and Car Adapter, Remote Control, Earbuds.
The Best DVD Player
Why we need a portable DVD player?
In today’s mobile world, smartphones and tablets have turned into de facto portable movie players for most folks. However, for a lot of people, being able to watch their DVD collection on the go remains an important source of entertainment.
Whether it be jet setters and frequent fliers or road-tripping parents who’d rather not hear the four dreaded words “Are we there yet?” from the back of the car, a portable DVD player can go a long way in alleviating the more mundane aspects of being out and about.
How to choose the best portable DVD player?
When planning to buy portable DVD players here are some buying guidelines you should following when buying portable DVD players.
Factors to consider:
- Screen: Screen sizes range from 7-10 inches or greater. For a better viewing experience, a large screen size is recommended. A portable DVD player with a higher resolution will also produce better video quality.
- Audio: All portable DVD players come standard with a single or dual headphone jack. This allows you to connect one or two headphone sets. If you plan on entertaining others, make sure you get a portable DVD player with built-in speakers. Also, virtual surround sound outputs are important if your intent to hook your player up to your home entertainment system.
- Disc & Card Compatibility: Portable DVD players will always play any DVD purchased or rented. If you do a lot of home recording or burning of videos make sure you buy a player that supports DVD-R/+R/RW. Most portable players can also act as CD players supporting most CD-R formats. Newer and more advanced portable DVD players now offer memory card slots that allow you to store and playback JPEG images. It will allow you to display slideshows for business presentations or personal use.
- Inputs/Outputs: If you plan on hooking your portable DVD player to a home entertainment system be aware of the inputs and outputs. Players with S-video or Component and Digital Audio outputs will give you the best quality playback.
- Power: Almost all portable DVD players come standard with rechargeable batteries. However, it’s important to choose a portable DVD player with long battery life. If you plan on being on the road or away from a power outlet, you will need enough battery life to last. All players include an AC adapter, but make sure the unit comes with a car adapter if you intend on powering it through your car’s cigarette lighter.
Wrap It Up
Portable DVD Players can save many buyers from boredom during long trips by car, or on an airplane. Their price point makes them easily affordable for almost anyone, and their wide variety of features allows them to easily be adapted for other uses.
Therefore, when buying a portable DVD player, the customer should consider how they plan to use the player. If it is only going to be used while traveling, then buying a laptop-style DVD player without all of the extras is probably the best decision.
However, customers who want to use their portable DVD player for playing movies at home, or displaying presentations while on a business trip and gift for your baby’s birthday, can find models that meet their needs. By purchasing a portable DVD player that meets its owner’s lifestyle, the product can be enjoyed for many years to come.