Label printer is also a type of a computer printer, which is designed to print labels not only on paper but also on self-adhesive material like tags. There are different label printers available in the market and each one of them has a built-in keyboard. Label printers can be used in different types of tasks like retail price marking, packaging labels of different products, blood specimen marking, lab specimen marking etc. There are a lot of label printers available in the market, however; the top 10 best label printers of 2018 are mentioned below:
Why do we need label printers?
As mentioned above that a label printer allows us to print on self adhesive label material and card stocks. These printers can be different in shape and features but all of them have same functionality. These printers can be used to print on papers and synthetic polymers and can be used for short duration applications such as shipping labels. As they are easy to use and cost effective, label printers are now becoming very popular.
How to find the best label printers of 2018
- The right size
The first rule in finding out the type of label printer you want is to determine the size as the size varies according to the product.
Before users finalize any product, it is advised that they go through the online reviews regarding the performance of that particular product. The performance of the products belonging to the same company might not be same.
- The brand
Apart from deciding the product, one needs to know the brand that is manufacturing that particular product so that right decision is taken.
- The shape/design
The shape and design of every product tend to change with time hence it is better to determine the shape and design you want in that particular product i.e. the label printer.
There are a lot of label printers available in the market, however; the top 10 best label printers of 2018 are mentioned below:
- 1. Brother QL-570 Professional Label Printer
- 2. Seiko Instruments Smart Label Printer 650
- 3. Brother P-Touch PC Connectable Label Maker
- 4. Epson LW-700 Portable, Desktop Label Printer
- 5. Rollo Shipping Label Printer
- 6. DYMO Label Writer 4XL Thermal Label Printer
- 7. Brother QL-700 High Speed Professional Label Printer
- 8. DYMO Label Writer 450
- 9. DYMO Label Writer 450 Turbo Thermal Label Printer
- 10. MFLABEL Shipping Label Printer
1. Brother QL-570 Professional Label Printer
Brother QL-570 Professional Label printer is the one designed to create labels in a very fast and cheap way. What makes it unique is that it has a built-in durable automatic cutter, which means that all you have to do is to connect your label printer with the PC and you can print high quality and resolution labels logos etc., in just one go. There is no wastage in terms of printing as users have the option of printing the labels as much as they need.
- Users can print up to at least 68 labels in just one minute.
- Built-in Durable auto cutter.
- 24 months warranty.
- It has a dpi resolution of 300 x 600, which gives users a detailed imagery.
2. Seiko Instruments Smart Label Printer 650
Seiko has introduced a smart label printer that has improved printing speed and is highly reliable in terms of printing labels that are either related to the painting industry or to the health care systems. It has the option of text import, which means that users can import graphics to customize their labels and get them printed. It is highly economical mainly because the users do not need an ink, toner or ribbon to get their tasks done.
- Can import data from software’s like Outlook, Word, Mac applications etc.
- Shrink to fit option is also available
- It is a very compact design thus it is suitable for any type of workstation.
- It is very easy to use thus users can easily change their labels and tags whenever they feel the need to do so.
3. Brother P-Touch PC Connectable Label Maker
It is one of the easiest ways to get your labels printed quickly. It is easy to connect, as the user does not need any type of drivers to install the software on the PC before the printer can be used. All that needs to be done is to connect the printer with the PC and start printing the labels. It also has an in-built option of automatically cutting the labels that are being printed.
- The fonts and graphics on the labels can be customized.
- Fastest printing speed.
- Just connecting it with the PC through a USB cable can enable users to use the printer. No need to install any software.
- Automatic label cutting facility is also available.
4. Epson LW-700 Portable, Desktop Label Printer
- Automatic cutting facility is available.
- It is portable and convenient to use.
- Wide range of customization options, which includes 14 fonts, 10 font styles and more than 450, built in symbols that can be used.
5. Rollo Shipping Label Printer
Rollo shipping label printer is a commercial grade direct thermal printer that has a high speed of printing labels. As it is designed using the advanced thermal direct technology thus it can print labels without the need of any toner or ink. The label printer is highly compatible with different kinds of shipping methods like FEDex, UPS, eBay etc.
- It is compatible with all Windows and Mac computers and laptops.
- Compatible with all famous shipping methods.
- It offers its users high speed printing i.e. 150mm/s.
- It comes along with a year manufacturer warranty.
6. DYMO Label Writer 4XL Thermal Label Printer
This label printer is suitable for small scale businesses as the word add in option does not integrate in a smooth manner. However, it comes with an attractive label printing option that can be used to print USPS postage, shipping labels like that of UPS FedEX etc.
- This label printer helps in saving money, as because of the advanced thermal technology the printing option does not need any toner or ink to complete its tasks.
- It prints the labels according to the precise quantity thus ensuring that there is no label waste.
- It also has an option of large format labels along with bulk mailing labels.
7. Brother QL-700 High Speed Professional Label Printer
Brother QL-700 helps in the creation of most cost effective labels. It has the fastest speed in terms of delivering the labels and apart from this it can also print stamps for the concerned business. Moreover, it also has an automatic cutting option, which reduces the amount of time one might waste if the labels are not cut.
- Fastest speed in terms of printing i.e. up to 93 labels per minute
- Can print on banners that have a size of up to 3 ft.
- No ink or toner is required because of the advanced thermal technology.
- Auto cutter option and facility is also available to the users.
8. DYMO Label Writer 450
It is also one of the highest speed printers that is available in the market. It allows add in option as well which means that users can print their labels using the options like word or Excel. However, the word add in might cause a problem in the integration process. It has 450-twin turbo which means that two different types of printing can be done at one time.
- The printing speed is 71 labels per minute.
- 2 different spools mean that the printer automatically starts working once the roll in one spool finishes.
- Thermal printing technology is used hence no need of ink or a toner.
9. DYMO Label Writer 450 Turbo Thermal Label Printer
The DYMO label writer 450 turbo thermal label printer is also made up of advanced thermal technology which means that there is no need to use any ink or toner in order to complete the tasks. It is compatible with both windows and Mac devices, which means that users can print labels directly from office applications like Word, Excel etc.
- It has a speed of printing 71 labels per minute.
- It makes use of DYMO stamps software in order to print USPS postage.
- Advanced thermal technology.
10. MFLABEL Shipping Label Printer
MFLABEL shipping label printer is the printer that is used mainly for commercial purposes. It is also made up of direct thermal technology and hence offers its users with the high speed printing option and facility. It can be used with any type of thermal direct label thus helping the user save huge sums of money.
- It offers high speed printing to its users i.e. 127mm/s.
- Advanced thermal printing technology is used.
- Highly compatible with all types of major shipping methods like FedEx, eBat etc.
All the above-mentioned label printers are the top 10 printers that are available in the market. They are designed for all types of small and large-scale businesses hence users can get the one they want on amazon. They are designed to make sure that not only the workload is reduced but the cost of producing the labels is also reduced. Every printer is made up of advanced thermal printing technology thus making sure that the cost of toner or ink is eliminated from the printing process.