If reading books is something that you enjoy, a Kindle Paperwhite is something that you likely own. It lets you get access to lots of books while eliminating the bulk that arises when you need to carry along your books. However, just like a smartphone or tablet, a Kindle has its problems. It is likely to get damaged due to its crystallized screen that is prone to scratches and breakage.
Moreover, this means that you will need to take extra care to ensure that your Kindle is protected from the dangers that can lead to the damage of its screen. One of the ways to protect your E-reader is by purchasing a paperwhite case. Owing to the lots of Kindle covers available on the market, making the best choice can be a challenge which is the reason I am here to help you out.
Therefore, read on and get to know how to select the best Kindle Paperwhite case and some of the best paperwhite cases available for you to purchase. However, let’s begin by discussing why you need a Kindle Paperwhite case in the first place.
Let’s check a run-through of the best sellers down below :
|1||CoBak Kindle Paperwhite Case - All New PU Leather Smart Cover with Auto Sleep Wake Feature for...||5,735 Reviews||$13.95 $12.95||Buy on Amazon|
Here’s the full reviewed of “the 10 Best Kindle Paperwhite Cases” :
- #10. Amazon Protective Cover for Kindle Paperwhite
- #9. MoKo Case for Kindle Paperwhite
- #8. NuPro Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Case
- #7. Fintie Origami Case for Kindle Paperwhite
- #6. Fintie Case for Kindle Paperwhite
- #5. MoKo Case for Kindle Paperwhite
- #4. Fintie Folio Case for Kindle Paperwhite
- #3. Fintie SmartShell Case for Kindle Paperwhite
- #2. OMOTON Kindle Paperwhite Case Cover
- #1. Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case
#10. Amazon Protective Cover for Kindle Paperwhite
This is an Amazon-designed paperwhite case that will fit your kindle paperwhite. Also, it features a slim design so that it is compact making it easy for you to carry. What’s more is that it features a magnetic clasp that helps to close the cover securely, as such assuring you of a full front and back protection of the Kindle.
With this case, you can fold the cover to the back to allow you to have an easy one-handed reading. Once you close the cover, the Kindle goes to sleep automatically and wakes up upon opening it. This makes it convenient as it helps to save on power when the Kindle isn’t in use.
Additionally, it makes it easy to jump back into your books once you open it. The paperwhite case features a durable polyurethane exterior construction that makes it highly durable. More to that is a matching microfiber on the interior that keeps the screen clean without adding any bulk. You can charge the Kindle with the cover on due to the precise cutouts that make it convenient.
What we like
- A slim cover design for compact carrying.
- Magnetic clasp enhances a secure closure of the cover.
- Foldable cover that makes it easy for one-handed reading.
- Durable polyurethane exterior construction and a matching microfiber on the interior to enhance durability.
- Precise cutouts make it easy to charge the kindle without removing the paperwhite case.
- The product measures 6.7 x 4.9 x 0.6 inches and weighs 3.8 ounces.
- Available in four different colors black, blue, magenta, and white/gray.
#9. MoKo Case for Kindle Paperwhite
It is a slim and lightweight case that makes it easy for you to carry your kindle case anywhere. Once you close the lid of the case, your Kindle goes to sleep automatically and wakes upon the opening of the lid. As such, the paperwhite case is convenient to help save the Kindle’s battery, at the same time make it easy for you to access your books.
The case is constructed of a protective hardback that features a synthetic leather construction making it highly durable. On the inside is no-scratch soft linen that ensures that your kindle’s cover is kept safe from scratching.
With this paperwhite case, you can be sure to have your Kindle protected due to the magnetic closure that helps to secure the lid in its rightful place. You can charge the Kindle with the paperwhite case since it has the necessary cutouts to allow you to have easy access to the charge port.
What we like
- A slim and lightweight design makes it easy to carry.
- A magnetic closure helps to secure the lid in its rightful place.
- Synthetic leather construction makes the case highly durable.
- No-scratch soft linen ensures that your kindle’s cover is kept safe from scratching.
- Cutouts allow you to have easy access to the charge port.
- A product dimension of 7 x 5 x 0.7 inches and a 3.8 pounds weight.
- Available in a variety of colors including black, green, indigo, light blue, red, rose gold, white, stained glass, vintage style, among others.
#8. NuPro Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Case
With a 7.1 x 5.1 x 0.6 inches product dimension and a 3.7ounces weight, this kindle case is slim and lightweight making it easy to take anywhere. Also, it features straps on the cover’s interior that help to hold the Kindle to the Kindle case cover.
Moreover, it is a durable strap that helps to keep the two covers closed to hold your kindle securely when not in use. What’s more that is the case features a durable polyurethane material that assures you of a long-lasting paperwhite case. More to that is a microfiber interior that protects the screen from scratching. You can get the case in either blue or pink.
What we like
- Straps on the case interior help to secure the Kindle to the case.
- A durable strap that helps to keep the paperwhite case closed when the Kindle is not in use.
- A durable polyurethane exterior material and a microfiber interior.
- Available in blue and pink.
#7. Fintie Origami Case for Kindle Paperwhite
This is a rose gold paperwhite case that will fit all New Amazon Kindle paperwhites with a 6″ display including 2013, 2013, 2015, and 2016 New 300 PPI. Besides the rose gold color, you can get the case in several other colors including black, navy blue, purple, red, sky blue, mosaic, galaxy, among others.
With this case, you can benefit from hands-free reading. Thanks to the Origami stand design that maintains the kindle in a stable upright position so that you will not need to hold it. The paperwhite case is lightweight and compact at only 4.6 ounces and 6.7 x 4.8 x 0.4 inches. As such, you can be sure to carry it anywhere without adding bulk to your package.
With the Kindle case, you can put the Kindle to sleep or wake up without a touch of a button. The reason behind this is that opening it the coverlets the kindle wake up while closing it enables the Kindle to go back to sleep. The case features a magnetic clasp that ensures that the cover is securely fastened to ensure the safety of the Kindle. What’s more is that it allows full access to the features in the Kindle so that you will never have to remove the case, as such, you can charge the Kindle with the cover in its position.
What we like
- A magnetic clasp that secures the cover when the Kindle is not in use.
- Origami stand design for hands-free reading.
- Ultra-slim and lightweight design for easy carrying.
- Available in a variety of colors to let you select that to suit your style and design.
#6. Fintie Case for Kindle Paperwhite
As one of the best kindle paperwhite cases in our review, this case is designed to fit All-New Amazon paperwhites 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 versions. However, it does not fit the Kindle Voyage and the Kindle 8th generation.
The case features an ultra-slim and lightweight design at 7 x 5 x 0.5 inches and 4 ounces. As such, you can take it anywhere without the fear of getting fatigued. What’s more, is that it features a durable synthetic leather material that assures you of its durability. With it, you can be sure to protect your Kindle against scratching due to the included soft interior that protects it.
You can use the case to put the Kindle to wake up or sleep with a single flip of its cover. Once you open the Paperwhite cover, the Kindle automatically responds and wakes up. On the other hand, it sleeps when you flip the cover to close it. Hence, you can be sure to have it help you in saving the Kindle’s battery.
With this cover, you can secure the Kindle securely when not in use with the included magnetic clasp. Moreover, you can use it for a one-handed reading since the cover is designed to fold back.
What we like
- Magnetic Clasp secures the Kindle to the case when not in use.
- Durable synthetic leather and a soft interior for durability while keeping the Kindle protected.
- A foldable cover case for one-handed reading.
- Available in a variety of bright colors to let you select your favorite.
#5. MoKo Case for Kindle Paperwhite
Available in a wide variety of colors, this Kindle case is a combination of style and functionality. Also, the cover features an auto wake and sleep mode so that the Kindle wakes up when you flip the cover open and sleeps when you flip the case closed.
What’s more, is that it is designed to last and offer maximum protection. Thanks to the PU leather interior that ensures durability and the additional layer of protection that protects the Kindle from damage. With this kindle case, you do not have to remove the case to charge the kindle or access other features due to its design that assures you of accessing them with a list of ease.
With this cover, you can be sure to have your Kindle protected from damage when not in use due to the magnetic closure that aids in keeping the covers intact to prevent the Kindle Paperwhite from falling. More to that is that you can enjoy a hands-free reading due to the vertical flip cover design that helps to hold the Kindle in a vertical position.
What we like
- Padded premium Faux leather enhances protection and comfort.
- A magnetic closure helps to secure the Kindle in place when not in use.
- PU leather interior protects the Kindle from scratches.
- Vertical flip cover design holds the Kindle in a vertical position for hands-free reading.
#4. Fintie Folio Case for Kindle Paperwhite
This is a PU leather Kindle cover that features an auto sleep/wake up mode. Once you close the paperwhite’s lid, the Kindle goes to sleep and wakes up when you open the cover. As such, you can be sure to have a case that will help in saving your Kindle’s battery, as well as one to help you access your books fast.
Moreover, this case features a slim and lightweight design with a 6.7 x 4.8 x 0.4 inches product dimension and 4.8 ounces weight.
Also, it is made to ensure the safety of your Kindle for an extended period. Thanks to its synthetic leather construction that enhances durability and the soft interior that prevents it from scratching. The case features an open interior pocket that allows you to insert your Kindle with a lot of ease.
More to that are precise cut-outs that allow you to have complete access to different controls and features.
What we like
- PU leather exterior enhances durability.
- Soft interior material prevents the Kindle from scratching.
- Precise cutouts allow complete access to various controls and features.
- Open interior pocket that allows you to insert your Kindle.
#3. Fintie SmartShell Case for Kindle Paperwhite
At a product dimension of 6.7 x 4.8 x 0.4 inches and a 4 ounces weight, this is one of the best Kindle paperwhites that will never add any weight to your package.
With it, you can put your Kindle to sleep or wake up. The reason behind this is the auto sleep/wake feature that makes it go to sleep once you close the cover and wake up when the cover is open. What’s more, is that you can use the case for a one-hand reading since it is designed to fold back to allow you to hold it with one hand.
Once you get this case, you can be sure to get a great cover case since it features a durable synthetic letter material that assures you of a long-lasting kindle case. Therefore, the cover features a soft interior that acts to protect the Kindle from scratches. The paperwhite case includes a magnetic clasp that allows you to keep the covers in intact to prevent the Kindle from falling out of place when not in use.
What we like
- A durable synthetic letter and a soft interior for maximum protection of the Kindle.
- Fold-back cover for one-handed reading.
- A magnetic clasp that acts to secure the Kindle case covers.
- An auto sleep/wake cover that puts the Kindle to sleep or wake up with a flip of the cover.
#2. OMOTON Kindle Paperwhite Case Cover
As one of the best Kindle cases in our review, this is one of the best cases to purchase when you need a Kindle case to take with you anywhere. Also, it features a product dimension of 6.7 x 7.4 x 0.4 inches and a 2.9 ounces weight making it lightweight and ultraslim.
The case is designed for use with Amazon Kindle paperwhites with a 6″ display. Also, you can buy it for use with Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 All-New 300PPI versions. With this cover, you can wake or put your Kindle to sleep. Thus, this is affected when you open and close the Kindle cover. Therefore, it helps you secure your Kindle in place. Thanks to the magnetic clasp that ensures that the covers are held securely in place.
With it, you do not have to remove the cover to charge since it allows full access to all features without the need of removing the Kindle Paperwhite.
What we like
- Antiskid and waterproof Pu leather exterior ensures the protection of the Kindle from falls and spills.
- The plexiglass layer in the middle and a no-scratch microfiber interior offer permanent protection to the Kindle.
- A magnetic clasp to ensure that the covers are held securely in place.
#1. Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case
This is a thin, durable, and lightweight cover that allows you to take your Kindle paperwhite anywhere. Therefore, the case can put your Kindle to sleep and get it to wake up with a simple flip of the cover. You can close your Kindle’s cover to get it to sleep and open it when you want to jump back into your previous books. Once you get this case, you can be sure to have a case that will last for an extended period due to the premium natural leather material that makes it durable.
What’s more, is that you can be sure to keep your Kindle safe due to the form-fitted interior that acts to protect it from scratching. Moreover, the Kindle case is available in a variety of colors including Fuschia, ink blue, onyx black, persimmon, and royal purple.
What we like
- A magnetic clasp to secure the covers in place to secure the Kindle.
- Premium natural leather material ensures durability.
- The form-fitted interior protects the Kindle from scratches.
The Best Kindle Paperwhite Case
Why do you need a Kindle Case?
There are several reasons why buying a Kindle case is the right decision when you own a Kindle.
Firstly, the obvious reason is to protect your Kindle against damage. Kindles feature a crystalized screen, and dropping of the Kindle can result in the shuttering of the Screen which is the reason it is crucial that you get a Kindle Paperwhite case.
Secondly, you will need a kindle paperwhite case to get a better grip. Also, these cases feature an exterior cover material that protects it from sliding assuring you of having a safe Kindle at all times.
Thirdly, it acts to provide you with more convenience when want to carry your Kindle. Therefore, the reason behind this is that you can carry the Kindle with the paperwhite case alone since it acts to protect it from water and dust.
What’s more, is that a Kindle Paperwhite case makes it more convenient when you want to read your E-books. It makes it possible to allow you to read your books hands-free and thereby take part in other activities when reading through the Kindle.
How to choose the Best Kindle Case:
Now that you have an idea why it is crucial that you get the best paperwhite case, how do you ensure that you get the best Kindle Paperwhite case on the market? Here are some of the factors that you will need to consider.
First and foremost, you will need to consider the material that the Kindle case features. A good Kindle Paperwhite case should have a case that will withstand all kinds of mishandling to ensure that the Kindle is safe from damage when it happens to fall. Moreover, it should offer a good grip to prevent the Kindle from sliding out of your hands. On the interior, the case should have a material that will protect the Kindle from scratches to ensure that it can maintain its sensitivity.
- Type of closure:
A good Kindle case needs to incorporate a closure that will keep the Kindle secured at all times. It should hold the covers in place to avoid it sliding out of the case. The closure should also let the covers to remain intact to prevent an accidental operation of the Kindle.
Another factor that you will need to consider is the portability of the Kindle Paperwhite case. A good case should be lightweight and slim so that it will not add weight to the package. Besides being portable, it should be durable to ensure that it protects your Kindle at all times.
Note that there are those that support a one-handed reading while others support a hands-free reading. As such, you will need to decide the design you want your Kindle to feature for you to select the best. You might also need to consider the color you need on it before parting with any money.
I hope that this coverage has been of help to help you narrow down to the best Kindle cases available for you to buy. Also, I recommend that you give a try to the cases reviewed above, for you to make a good investment and one to provide you with service for an extended period.