We all know how ironing large amounts of clothes is exhausting. Using an iron box to remove creases can cause a lot of strain on hands, and not only that, but one takes a lot of time to get rid of the wrinkles. To make ironing much easier and enjoyable, several manufacturers have come up to produce clothes steamers, also known as garment steamers.
This makes it hard for you to select the best unit among the variety of them, which is the reason we want to provide you with a review of the best clothes steamers that you should buy, and the tips to help you select the best handheld clothes steamers. However, before discussing that, let’s begin by finding out why you need a clothes steamer.
Firstly, take a look at the Editor’s choices :
|1||NEW VIEW Hunting Clothes for Men,Silent Water Resistant Hunting Duck Deer Hunting Jacket and Pants||2,976 Reviews||$109.99 $99.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Gerber Baby Boys' 8 Pack Short-Sleeve Onesies Bodysuits, Star, 6-9 Months||38,725 Reviews||$17.99 $13.00||Buy on Amazon|
|3||The Peanutshell Newborn Layette Gift Set for Baby Boys | 23 Piece Newborn Boy Clothes &...||18 Reviews||$64.99 $54.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Champion Men's Classic Jersey Script T-Shirt, Surf the Web2, X-Large||41,586 Reviews||$25.00 $18.75||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Heathyoga Women Bootcut High Waist Yoga Pants with Pockets, Black, XX-Large||14,598 Reviews||$35.95 $27.95||Buy on Amazon|
The following is our top 10 best handheld clothes steamer, you may read on to find out which one is the best for your clothes.
- 10. TaoTronics Clothes Steamer
- 9. OXA Smart Handheld Garment Steamer
- 8. Tenswall Portable Garment Steamer
- 7. Conair ExtremeSteam Hand Held Fabric Steamer
- 6. PurSteam Next Gen Fabric Steamer
- 5. Tenswall Portable Garment Steamer
- 4. Pax Clothes Steamer
- 3. URPOWER Garment Steamer
- 2. E-best Mini Travel Garment Steamer
- 1. PurSteam Fabric Steamer
10. TaoTronics Clothes Steamer
Despite being at the bottom of our best clothes steamers review, this unit includes the features that make a great unit. It is compact and lightweight, hence suitable for those with limited space. What’s more, is that it is a perfect choice when you need a clothes steamer to travel with. The unit is also easy to use since it features one on/off switch. It includes a heating element that takes 90 seconds to heat up, thereby giving the guarantee of ironing fast.
With this unit, you can steam your fabrics for up to 6 minutes with a continuous stream. It also provides overheat protection and low water tank protection due to its auto shut-off switch. The unit includes a fabric brush and a heat-resistant glove that make it highly versatile. It is ETL certified, making it a safe clothes steamer for use on fabrics.
What we like
- An auto shut-off switch that protects against overheating and a low tank reservoir.
- A heating element that takes up to 90 seconds to heat up.
- Ability to provide a continuous stream of steam for up to 6 minutes.
- A product measurement and weight of 8.3 x 5.9 x 3.4 inches, 1.2 pounds consecutively that make it compact and lightweight.
- A fabric brush to open fibers for deeper steam penetration.
- It is ETL-certified thereby safe for use on fabrics.
9. OXA Smart Handheld Garment Steamer
This unit includes a lot of features that make it one of the best handheld clothes steamers. To begin with, it has a compact and lightweight design which makes it a great unit when you want a clothes steamer to take a long during your trips. What’s more, is that it includes an auto shut-off switch ideal for providing protection from over-heating and water shortage. Even better, this unit includes a unique nozzle designed with a waterproof column to prevent the spilling of hot water.
The steamer features a heating element that heats up in 20 seconds. Due to the 1000W power, this unit delivers powerful and continuous steam that runs up to 7 minutes. The steamer is easy to use and features a steady grip handle that provides effortless handling.
Moreover, It comes with a 6.5ft power cord for a greater reach and two brushes to remove dust when steaming. You can use this steamer on a variety of fabrics including silk, nylon, linen, polyester among other fabrics. What’s more, is that you can use it to remove odors and kill bacteria on bedsheets and other fabrics.
What we like
- An auto shut-off feature that protects against overheating and water shortage.
- 6.5 ft power cable for a greater reach.
- A heating element that heats up in 20 seconds.
- It measures 16.2 x 5.9 x 5.6 inches and weighs 1.9 pounds making it light and compact.
- Two brushes to remove dust when steaming.
- An ergonomic grip to provide comfort during extended steaming periods.
8. Tenswall Portable Garment Steamer
This steamer is capable of eliminating creases on your clothes as well as household fabric such as bedding and curtains. It generates steam that is powerful yet gentle to remove wrinkles with a lot of ease. It features a heating element that takes up to 2 minutes to heat up. The steamer has the capability of producing continuous and powerful steam for 6 to 8 minutes thereby enabling you to save a lot of time.
With an auto shut-off function, the steamers guarantee your safety, since it automatically cuts the power when the unit gets extremely hot or when the water runs low. The unit features a compact and lightweight design, which gives you the added benefit of traveling with it. Once you get this clothes steamer, you can perform various functions including cleaning, humidification, sterilization, and ironing.
What we like
- It measures 5.6 x 3.6 x 8.7 inches and weighs 1.1 pounds hence compact and light for easy storage and transport.
- A heating element that takes up to 2 minutes to heat up.
- A water reservoir that enables it to produce continuous and powerful steam for 6 to 8 minutes.
- An auto shut-off feature that enhances safety.
- It is a versatile unit for cleaning, ironing, sterilization, and humidification.
7. Conair ExtremeSteam Hand Held Fabric Steamer
As one of the best handheld clothes steamer, this unit applies an extreme steam dual heat technology. It creates thick steam that is 30% hotter to enable it to penetrate heavier fabrics and thereby remove wrinkles fatter. The steamer also aids in killing dust mites and bedbugs, making it ideal for use on beddings. This steamer features a dual heat system with 1110 watts of power. Its heat system takes up to 75 seconds to heat up while it features a water tank that will allow it to produce continuous steam for up to 15 minutes.
This steamer has a slide switch that enables you to opt for high or low temperatures. As such, you can iron almost all fabrics. What more is that the steamer includes a steam trigger with a built-in switch ideal for constant steam and energy-saving steam.
Also, Included in this device are three removable attachments. A fabric brush that helps open up fibers for deeper steam penetration, A soft cushion that protects delicate fabrics, and a creaser ideal for delivering perfect folds and pleats. The steamer includes a 9ft power cord that provides a better reach and a removable easy-to-fill water reservoir.
What we like
- A yellow light indicates when the unit is plugged in and a green light that indicates when the steamer is ready to use.
- A 30% hotter concentrated steam to remove creases in heavy fabrics.
- A dual heat system with 1110 watts of power.
- A heating system that takes up to 75 seconds to heat up.
- A continuous steam production for up to 15 minutes.
- A slide switch to customize heat settings.
- A steam trigger with a built-in switch for constant steam production.
- Three removable attachments including a soft cushion, fabric brush, and a creaser.
- A 9-feet power cord for a better reach.
6. PurSteam Next Gen Fabric Steamer
This fabric steamer is one of the best handheld clothes steamers when you need to get a garment steamer that will provide a greater reach. It features a 9-foot power cable that will let you work a distance away from the power outlet. This unit is compact and light since it measures 10.2 x 5 x 5 inches while it weighs 2 pounds.
As such, you can carry it along during your trips without worrying about an added weight. The clothes steamer has a heating element that takes 90 seconds to produce steam to bust out wrinkles. Due to its safer tank and spout, this unit will help to minimize hot water dangers, thereby keeping you and your family safe.
What we like
- A compact and lightweight design for easy storage and traveling.
- A heating element that heats up in 90 seconds.
- A 9-foot power cord for a greater reach.
- Sate tank and spout to minimize hot water dangers.
- Temperature-controlled steam that is powerful on tough fabric and safe on delicate fabric.
5. Tenswall Portable Garment Steamer
This is a powerful yet gentle clothes steamer ideal for ironing, cleaning, humidification, and sterilization. It can remove wrinkles on clothes as well as household fabrics such as drapes and curtains. The unit only requires two minutes to heat up, while its tank has the capacity of holding water that will let it produce steam for a continuous 6-8 minutes.
As one of the best handheld clothes steamer, it features an auto shut-off function that automatically cuts the power when it overheats or when the tank runs out of water. This unit features a compact and lightweight design since it measures 8.7 x 5.6 x 3.6 inches and weighs 1.1 pounds.
What we like
- Light and compact design.
- An auto shut-off feature that cuts power when it overheats or runs out of the water.
- A continuous 6-8 minutes of steam production.
- A multi-purpose unit that irons, sterilizes, humidifiers, and cleans.
- A heating element that heats up in two minutes.
4. Pax Clothes Steamer
This clothes steamer is also one of the best handheld clothes steamers when you want an easy to use and portable unit. It weighs 1.1 pounds and measures 5.5 x 3.2 x 8 inches. The clothes steamer features a new nozzle design that distributes steam powerfully and consistently so that it can remove all the wrinkles on your garments.
Included in the steamer is a 140ml water tank that will hold enough water to last for up to 10 minutes on a continuous steaming.
What’s more is that the steamer features an automatic shut-off safety protection so that it automatically powers off when the water gets low, or when the unit becomes too hot. Once you get one of these, you can use it on all types of clothes including household fabric.
What we like
- Compact and portable design.
- A nozzle that distributes steam powerfully and consistently.
- A 140ml water tank that can hold water that will last up to 10 minutes.
- An automatic shut-off safety protection.
- An included user manual that provides guidance.
3. URPOWER Garment Steamer
This unit measures 3.7 x 8.8 x 6.2 inches while it weighs 1.2 pounds. As such, it is light and compact enough to carry along when traveling. It is easy to handle since it heats up quickly to enable it to emit wrinkle-busting steam in two minutes. The steamer features a water tank that is capable of holding 130ML of water, which can last for 7-10 minutes when using continuously.
Another plus of this device is that it can remove stubborn wrinkles consistently due to the featured perfect designed nozzle. With this hand-held clothes steamer, you can be guaranteed a safe ironing process due to the automatic shut-off function. This feature powers the unit off when the water level gets low or when the unit gets too hot.
What we like
- An auto shut-off function.
- A compact and lightweight design.
- A water tank that holds up to 130ml of water.
- A perfectly designed nozzle for a fast ironing process.
- Easy to handle design that calls for plugging and waiting for two minutes.
2. E-best Mini Travel Garment Steamer
As the second-best handheld clothes steamer in our review, this is a perfect choice when you need to get a travel garment mini-steamer. It measures 8 x 3.1 x 5.7 inches while it weighs 12 ounces hence compact and light to carry along. The unit can iron all kinds of fabric ranging from silk, cotton, wool, velvet, among others. It holds 110 to 120 ML of plain water.
Moreover, The handheld travel steamer features a 600-watt heating element that heats the water within 15 seconds. As such, it assures you of a fast ironing process. What’s more, is that it features an automatic on/off switch that will let it power off immediately water runs out. This makes it last for long since this feature protects the motor from burning.
What we like
- A safety auto-off shut-off switch that powers off the unit when the water level goes down.
- A product measurement of 8 x 3.1 x 5.7 inches and 12 ounces weight to make it easy to travel with.
- A water tank that holds 110-120mls of plain water.
- A 600W heating element that heats within 15 seconds.
1. PurSteam Fabric Steamer
This clothes steamer features a durable ABS/PP construction. It is BPA free, making it an environmentally-friendly and safe product. The steamer features an aluminum heating element that is durable and fast to heat. It delivers temperature-controlled steam that is powerful to remove wrinkles from tough fabrics, yet safe on delicate fabrics.
Hence, you can use it on nylon blends, linen, satin, among other delicate fabrics. The PurSteam fabric steamer heats up in 90 seconds, thereby giving them assurance of getting crisp-free clothes fast. It is light and compact to allow you to take it for your business trips. The steamer comes with a storage bag to ensure that you keep it safe after every use.
What we like
- Temperature controlled steam that will de-wrinkle tough and delicate fabric.
- A max fill line on the water tank to guide you on the maximum water to use with the steamer.
- It measures 3.7 x 8.6 x 7 inches and weighs 1.1 pounds hence compact and light to carry along.
- A BPA-free ABS/PP construction that makes it durable and safe to use.
- An aluminum heating ball that enhances durability.
The Best Clothes Steamer
Why we need clothes steamers?
First and foremost, a clothes steamer will help you save a lot of time. Unlike the use of an iron box where you will have to spend lots of hours pressing your clothes, this device only requires you to direct the hot steam to your garment and benefit from crease-free clothes.
Secondly, you do not have to set up your working area. Unlike using an iron box where you will need to get an iron board, a clothes steamer allows you to iron your clothes when set on the hanger. Hence this gives you a hassle-free ironing experience.
Thirdly, clothes steamers will let you perform several other functions rather than just getting rid of the wrinkles. With these units, you can remove odor, sterilize clothes, remove dust among other duties. As such, this makes this unit a great plus in your home.
How to select the best clothes steamers?
Factors to consider:
Now that you have an idea of the reasons you should get yourself a clothes steamer let’s have a look at the factors to consider so that you can get the best handheld clothes steamer.
I hope that this review will help you make a fast decision on the best handheld clothes steamer to get. Remember, this review is focused on the clothes steamers that include the features that make the best unit.
Even better, these are some of the units with the highest rating from previous customers. So, make sure that you try one of the clothes steamer reviewed above for you to make a great investment. Ensure that you consider the features of the units first, before deciding on the price to pay.