We all know that the security of our homes, offices, garages, among other rooms, begin with the lock that we install on our doors. After all, failure to install a good lock only makes such places vulnerable to unauthorized access.
As such, it is always best to keep such places protected, which calls for you to get the best lock on the market. While you may opt to go with the traditional door lock, I recommend that you give a try to digital door locks. These locks are designed to let you benefit from added security, and peace of mind.
That said, it is best that you try and get the best smart lock on the market so that you can benefit from added security without sacrificing your comfort and money. Hence, we are left to answer the questions; What are the best door locks with a touchscreen on the market, and; How do you choose the best smart locks?
To get an answer to these questions, read on, since here is a detailed review of the best digital door locks with a touchscreen. However, let’s begin by finding out why digital door locks are a must-have.
Why you need a digital door lock?
You might be wondering why a digital door lock is important while it is quite expensive to install while compared to the conventional locks, however, there are several reasons why you need to invest in a smart lock.
First, a digital door lock enhances the security in your home. Unlike using traditional locks, a smart lock adapts several methods of authentication, which ensures access to the protected area by people who are authorized to do so. Hence, you can be sure to reduce the number of unauthorized access in an area.
Secondly, a smart lock gives you peace of mind since you can forget about losing your keys. With a digital lock, all that you need to gain access is your fingerprint, phone, password or code. As such, you will never need to worry about losing keys or having someone copy your key with the intention of accessing your home.
Thirdly, a digital door lock enhances the convenience of accessing a place, especially when you have a lot of family members or employees. The reason behind this is that you will not be required to get a lot of keys, but only let the authorized individuals know the password to accessing the rooms. More to that, you can simply add their fingerprints, which therefore reduces the costs that would come up with trying to copy keys from a locksmith. Therefore, these locks are another means to help you save in the long run
How to choose the best digital door lock?
Factors to consider:
Now that you understand why you need to get these locks let’s have a look at some of the factors that you should consider to get the best digital door lock.
1. Type of smart lock: Note that there are two types of digital door locks. You will come across the deadbolt types and the lever style type. A deadbolt lock features a keyhole and touchpad and requires you to get a separate lever to open the door. On the other hand, a lever-style lock features a keyhole, lever, and keypad on one unit. When you want to get a smart lock that will require little work while installing, better opt for the deadbolt type since it requires less dismantling.
2. Access Modes: What’s mode of access does the digital door lock offer? Note that there are door locks that let you open them via fingerprints, passwords, key tags, codes, among other access modes. For you to decide the best digital lock to buy, determine the number people who will be accessing the lock, and decide the type of access that will be convenient to everyone.
3. Built-in alarm: Another feature that you might want to check before buying the best digital door lock is a built-in alarm. With such an alarm, you can get to know when someone tries to access your door, and better yet, it can act to scare thieves from accessing the door. So, this serves as an added advantage. Just be sure that you can afford a smart lock with a built-in alarm before making an order.
4. Smart home compatibility: Do you need a smart lock that is compatible with your smart home? Note that there are digital door locks that are compatible with smart home systems like Z-wave, Amazon Alexa, among other systems. With such a smart lock, you can be sure to have a highly secure home since you will have an idea of the status of your locks remotely. So, consider that too before making a decision.
5. Key or keyless: While digital door locks aim at letting you forget about the key, some of these smart locks come accompanied with the traditional keys. Therefore, you will need to determine whether you want a smart lock with a key or a keyless door lock. This depends on your personal preference.
Listed below are the 10 Best Digital Door Lock With Touchscreen For Home’s Security you want to check out.
- 10. ZKTeco Biometric Fingerprint Smart Door Lock
- 9. Samsung New Concept in Digital Door Lock
- 8. Ardwolf A20 Security High-sensitivity High-Recognition Rate Keyless Biometric Fingerprint Door Lock
- 7. Samsung Digital Door Lock SHS-1321 security EZON keyless
- 6. Yale Assure Lock with Bluetooth and Z-Wave
- 5. Kwikset 99160-002 916 Z-Wave Smart Code Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt
- 4. Bluetooth Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock (PGD 728)
- 3. Samsung Ezon SHS-3321 Keyless Smart Universal Deadbolt Digital Door Lock
- 2. Ultraloq UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint and Touchscreen Keyless Smart Door Lock
- 1. Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt
10. ZKTeco Biometric Fingerprint Smart Door Lock
Concluding the list of the best digital door locks in our review is the ZKTeco biometric fingerprint smart door lock. Despite it being the last on our list, the smart door lock has what it takes for it to offer you with the required security. With it, you can unlock your door by using an ID card, fingerprint, mechanical key, or a user code/password. As such, it is up to you to decide your most convenient way to open it. Better yet, the lock supports up to 100 fingerprints and up to 100 ID cards. This makes it a perfect choice for use in areas that access a lot of traffic in a day.
Another plus of the lock is that it supports the voice-guided feature which makes it easy and quick to operate. More to that, it can support the passage mode. Hence, it can be maintained in the unlocking state so that you are only required to press the handle to open the door. Another feature that you will love about the lock is the illuminated keypad. This assures you of having an easy time operating it even in the dark. Even better, it features an idle handle design that helps to prevent a forcible entry.
Adding to that, the lock adopts the random password protection so that you can add numbers before or after the real password. This aids in ensuring the real password’s security. What’s more is that the registration data is not lost in case of power loss, which makes it highly convenient to operate. You can get the lock for use with doors that feature 2.36″ backsets, and a door thickness that ranges between 1.38″ and 2.16″.
- Lock adopts four ways of unlocking the door including the use of an ID card, fingerprint, mechanical key, or a user code/password.
- Illuminated keypad for use in low-lit areas.
- Passage made maintains the lock in the unlocking state.
- Random password protection lets you add numbers before or after the real password to ensure the password’s security.
9. Samsung New Concept in Digital Door Lock
Featuring a push-pull design, this lock lets you push it from the outside and pull it from the inside, as such providing you with the convenience needed when opening the door. What’s more is that it is equipped with an IR sensor and a welcome feature. These work together, where the IR sensor activates the welcome feature once it detects signs of movement from a 70 cm distance.
More to that, the digital door lock features the locking notification feature. This acts to make it display its status on the touch panel so that you can have an idea whether it is locked or unlocked. When you get it, you do not have to worry about distracting others with operational sounds since it features the manner mode that lets you activate it, so that you can eliminate digital sounds temporarily.
Another unique feature of the door lock is its robust structure formed by merging the handle and main body. This assures you of more reliable performance, as such assuring you about the security of your home. Better yet, the lock adopts the anti-hacking solution that uses an added password and encryption so that you can be sure of more user safety. Once you get it, you can opt to use the 4-12 digital number combination user access mode or the RFID access mode that works with Samsung key tags or cards.
- Push-pull design for a convenient opening of the door.
- Two user access modes. The 4-12 digital number combination or the RFID access mode.
- IR sensor that activates the welcome feature once it detects signs of movement from a 70 cm distance.
- Manner mode that stipes the digital operational sounds temporarily for quiet operation.
8. Ardwolf A20 Security High-sensitivity High-Recognition Rate Keyless Biometric Fingerprint Door Lock
As one of the best door lock with a touch screen, this lock adopts three ways of unlocking. You can either choose to use the user codes that support up to 100 user codes, the fingerprint mode that supports up to 100 fingerprints and the user code that lets you use at least eight digits to unlock. As such, this makes it a perfect choice for use on doors that face a lot of user traffic.
What’s more is that the lock adopts a user data copy or track. Hence, you can keep a copy of the data and use it on another A20 lock. Adding to that, you can also track the records of a single user by selecting the user data and ID so that the details can be displayed on the software.
Another pretty feature is that you can reset the lock in case there is a problem with it. Hence, this assures you of having it running after a small mishap. The door lock is suitable for use on a door with a thickness that ranges from 1-3/8″ to 1-3/4″. Note that it is not waterproof, and therefore not suitable for use with exterior doors.
- Lock adopts three methods of unlocking; the user code, fingerprint mode, and the password mode.
- The lock can be reset in case of a problem.
- Lock supports a data copy/track system.
7. Samsung Digital Door Lock SHS-1321 security EZON keyless
Are you looking for the best digital door lock to help keep your house safe when going out? You will not go wrong once you purchase this keyless lock. It is an automatic lock that adopts three methods of entry. As such, you can choose to use the RF key tag, smart card, or password mode to access your door.
What’s more is that it adopts a random security coding. With this, you can add several numbers before or after the real password to ensure the security of the password. Once you get the lock, you get not only a functional smart lock but one that is also stylish, thanks to its luxurious design that features a high glossy body frame.
- Three methods of access; the RF key tag, smart card, or password mode.
- Random security coding enhances the security of the password.
- A luxurious design that features a high glossy body frame adds to the style.
6. Yale Assure Lock with Bluetooth and Z-Wave
It is time to lose your keys and opt for this digital door lock. With it, you will never need keys anymore but a simple tap of the keypad or a 4-8 digits pin code to have your door open. What’s more is that it is compatible with Bluetooth and Z-wave smart home App. As such, you can integrate it into most Z-wave home automation and alarm systems so that you can lock and unlock the door from anywhere.
Better yet, this lets you share access and receive notifications which further assure you of having a safer home. Another plus of this lock is that it works with Amazon Alexa, thereby letting you lock and check the lock status when using systems like SmartThings, Honeywell, among others. You can be sure to have an easy time operating the lock, thanks to the voice-guided assistance feature.
- The lock is compatible with Bluetooth and Z-wave smart home App.
- Voice-guided feature enhances a fast and easy operation.
- The lock is compatible with Amazon Alexa to let you lock and check the lock status.
5. Kwikset 99160-002 916 Z-Wave Smart Code Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt
Available in satin nickel, polished brass, and Venetian bronze, this is one of the best digital door locks to get when you want to match the decor in your home. Besides adding to the style if you home, the lock is designed to add extra security thanks to the secure touchscreen technology. This adopts random codes before entering your personal codes so that you can protect your fingerprint and codes.
What’s more is that the lock works with Amazon Alexa for voice control. As such, you can be sure to have an idea of the lock status while you are away from home. Better yet, the smart lock adopts the Home Connect Technology so that it can wirelessly communicate to security and home automation systems via the Z-wave. You can use the door lock’s keypad in both low lit areas and in the brightest sunlight, thanks to the bright white LEDs that enhance clear visibility.
- Secure touchscreen technology protects personal codes and fingerprints.
- Bright white LEDs enhance visibility.
- Available in three finishes so that you can select the most ideal.
- The lock is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Z-wave to enhance better security.
4. Bluetooth Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock (PGD 728)
Are you looking for a door lock with touchscreen for use with most standard doors? If so, I recommend that you give a try to this door lock. It features a latch with an adjustable basket so that it can fit most of the doors. What’s more is that the lock features a world-first anti-detection technology. This prevents others from copying your entry code, which makes it suitable for use in the front doors.
With it, you can be sure to deter potential thieves, thanks to the audible alarm system that keeps burglars away. What’s more is that the lock adopts a low-battery signal so that you will never get locked out. Once you get the lock, you can opt to lock and unlock the door via a free iOS or Android app on your smartphone or using the touchscreen and pin code.
- Latch with an adjustable basket enhances compatibility with most standard doors.
- A low battery warning tells you when it is time to charge the batteries.
- Audible alarm tells you when someone is trying to break the door.
- Bluetooth compatible lock lets you unlock the door via a free iOS or Android app on your smartphone or the touchscreen and pin code.
3. Samsung Ezon SHS-3321 Keyless Smart Universal Deadbolt Digital Door Lock
Featuring an automatic locking mechanism, you will love the fact that this lock can lock automatically once the door is closed. It features a keypad that features three levels of volume including mute so that you can avoid disturbing others when accessing the door. What’s more is a low battery warning where it produces a beep sound once you access the door so that you can replace the batteries.
With it, you can be sure of benefiting from an advanced level of security, thanks to the anti-theft mode that prevents the lock from being unlocked without your authorization. Better yet, the lock uses a magnetic sensor so that it can sound an alarm in case of an intrusion. More to that, it adopts the random security mode to prevent someone from copying your pin.
- An anti-theft mode that prevents the lock from being unlocked without your authorization.
- Double authentication mode lets you use the user access code and key tag so that you can strengthen the security.
- Intrusion detection where the alarm sounds in case of an intrusion.
2. Ultraloq UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint and Touchscreen Keyless Smart Door Lock
As one of the best digital door locks in this review, this lock is ideal for indoor and outdoor installations. With it, you can either use a key, smartphone, fingerprint, or code to unlock the lock. As such, it provides you with the convenience required to access your place. What’s more is that it stores 95 codes and 95 fingerprints at a time. This makes it suitable for use in areas that face a lot of traffic.
When you opt to use your smartphone to open the lock, all you need to do is install the Ultraloq app that keeps working even in the case of power or internet outage. The app also lets you view users and logos of those who accessed the door lock, which further makes it secure to use. Another plus of this lock is that it can open when you knock on your iOS phone four times even while it is in the pocket.
Better yet, you can shake your android phone without having to open the Ultraloq app for you to access the door. With it, you do not have to worry about strangers stealing your password, due to the anti-peep password that protects people from trying to look for worn-out digits on the keypad.
- Lock adopts four different methods of access including the use of a key, smartphone, fingerprint, or code.
- Anti-peep password protects people from stealing your password.
- The lock is compatible with the Ultraloq app that keeps working even in the case of power or internet outage.
1. Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt
Topping the list of the best door locks with a touchscreen is the Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt. With this door lock, you can access your home from any place, due to its compatibility with the Z-wave technology that lets you connect to your home automation system, and thereby lock and unlock your door remotely. What’s more is that the lock adopts three alert modes. These include the tamper mode, forced entry mode, and activity mode so that you can know when someone is trying to access your lock.
Once you get this smart lock, you can be sure to have a lock that will last for a long period due to the finger-print resistant touchscreen that protects from smudges while ensuring that wear patterns remain undetectable. You can get the lock for use on a variety of standard doors, due to the universal latches and deadbolts on the lock meant to fit 2-3/8″ or 2-3/4″ backsets.
- Three alert modes let you know when someone is trying to access your lock.
- Finger-print resistant touchscreen protects against fingerprints while ensuring that wear patterns remain undetectable.
- Universal latches and deadbolts offer a universal fit.
Getting the best digital door lock lies on getting a smart lock that will alleviate the security of your home. So, do not get discouraged by the price at which these locks come at, but get them with an assurance of enhancing the security of your home, and saving a lot in the long run.
Also Read: Top 9 Best Door Kick Plates Review in 2018