If you are a bookworm or an avid reader, I believe that you can attest to the fact that adequate lighting is one of the key factors for a good read. After all, you cannot read at night without a source of light. The only challenge that arises when you want to select the best source of light for a night study is the variety of book lights on the market. These include varying features which means that it can be challenging to select the best.
However, this should not discourage you from selecting the best book lights with LED lighting since a lousy light source can cause eyestrain leaving you to deal with eye problems. So, how do you choose the best-LED lighting so that you can be sure to benefit from a perfect read?
In this article, we have outlined the factors to consider, and better yet, we have proposed the 12 best book LED lights on the market. Have a look as there is much for you to gain.
Let’s begin with a run-through of the best sellers down below :
|1||Glocusent LED Neck Reading Light, Book Light for Reading in Bed, 3 Colors, 6 Brightness Levels,...||49,243 Reviews||$29.99 $19.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||DEWENWILS USB Rechargeable Book Reading Light, Warm White, Brightness Adjustable for...||9,321 Reviews||$15.99 $12.99||Buy on Amazon|
Here’s the full reviewed of “the 11 Best Book Lights With LED Lighting” :
11. LED Book Light by French Bull – LED Book Light
Concluding our list is this book Light by French Bull. It features a clip that attaches to e-readers and books so that you can be sure to have a book light that is convenient for reading. What’s more is a neck design. This enables it to reduce glare so that you can read without straining your eyes.
In Addition, you can get the light when you need a stylish and portable book light, thanks to the cute and lightweight design. The light gets its power from two CR2032 coin cell batteries.
What we like
- A neck design helps to reduce glare for comfortable reading.
- A clip on the base attaches to kindle, E-readers, and books with ease.
- A lightweight design enhances convenience.
10. Warm LED Bookmark Book Light Reading Lights
Here comes another LuminoLite product. With it, you can forget about wasting money on batteries since it includes a long-lasting rechargeable Li-ion battery. More to that the book light features a built-in USB charge cable. With this, you do not need to get a separate power cable so that you can charge by the USB port. You can get the lamp when you do not want to disturb your bedmate at night considering that it only shines on books without lighting up the whole room.
On top of that, you can get it when you want a LED lighting that is safe to use. This is due to the optical diffuser lens that provides soft lights to reduce eye strain. The light features four levels of brightness so that you can select that which will not be harsh for the eyes.
What we like
- Optical diffuser lens provides soft lights to reduce eye strain.
- Lightweight design and a built-in USB cable allow you to take the lights anywhere.
- LEDs that remain cool to the touch enhance safety.
- 3000K warm SMD LED technology lets you benefit from the most suitable light color temperature for eye-care reading.
- Soft rubber metal neck that features a bendable design allows you to position the light to the desired position.
9. Hallomall 9 LED Clip-On Music Stand Lights
Are you looking for book LED lights that are built to last and those that do not require a battery replacement? If your answer is yes, then you can be sure that this is what you need. These lights feature durable LEDs that can last for up to 100,000 hours. As such, you can be sure that you will not be required to get a battery replacement.
Another feature that makes this source of lighting one of best book lights is the sliding switch that features two brightness settings. With this, you can be sure to get an ideal brightness level so that you can read for long hours without straining.
What we like
- A sliding switch that features two brightness settings lets you set the ideal level of brightness.
- Adjustable and lightweight design enhances convenience.
- Multiple power sources including 3AA batteries, USB power cord, and an AC adapter.
- Durable LEDs last for up to 100,000 hours.
8. AMIR Upgraded Mini Book Light
Equipped with 5500K LEDs, this is one of the best-LED lights when you need to benefit from good eye protection. The LEDs produce antiglare and flicker-free light so that you can rest assured of getting relieved from eye fatigue. What more is that they are designed with three levels of brightness. Because of this, you can be sure to get the ideal brightness level suitable to protect your eyes.
Something else that makes these LED lighting worth it is the 360° flexible gooseneck. This allows you to twist the tube so that you can focus the lights on your projects. The book light is a type of clamp lamp that comes with a widened clip. This expands up to 5cm so that you can fasten it on books, shelves, a keyboard, magazine, or even use it as a stand-alone.
What we like
- A touch sensor switch dimmer that lets you select the right level of brightness.
- 5500K LEDs provide the essential eye protection.
- Three levels of brightness so that you can select the ideal level of lighting intensity.
- 360° flexible gooseneck allows you to direct the light in a variety of positions.
- A clip that opens up to 5cm for easy fastening.
7. Eye Care Warm Book Light
If you love your eyes and want to ensure that they are safe when reading, then it is time that you get Eye Care Warm Book Light. As the name suggests, these lights are designed to care for your eyes even through long hours of reading. Besides that, the lights feature a replaceable battery that charges fast, a low battery alarm, and battery indicators. Because of these, you can be sure that a low battery will not be the cause why you should stop to read.
You can get the book light when you need the best book lights for reading at night due to the ability to personalize the amount of light. Once you set the low light level, you get a light that is sufficient for reading, and not too bright to bother someone who is asleep.
What we like
- Low battery alarm, battery indicators, and a replaceable battery enhances convenience.
- A high-quality charger charges the battery for only 1.2 hours.
- Three levels of brightness allow you to personalize the level of the light.
- A silky pouch holds the light, charger, and the long charging cable.
6. CeSunlight Rechargeable LED Book Light
Enjoy reading a book for up to 8 hours in full brightness and 10 hours in average brightness with CeSunlight Rechargeable LED Book Light. It derives its power from a 700mAh battery that takes three hours to get charged fully.
Moreover, the book light features 4 LEDs in total, where it has 2 LEDs on each arm. These lights feature four level of brightness so that you can select the optimal brightness based on the activity you are handling.
What we like
- A rechargeable 700mAh lithium battery charges for three hours and powers the book light for up to 10 hours.
- 4 LEDs with four brightness levels.
- Two flexible arms that feature a silicone cover make the book light stylish and versatile.
- Lightweight, compact, and durable design enhances convenience.
5. LEPOWER Clip-on Light
Taking the sixth position is LEPOWER Clip-on Light. As the name suggests, this is a clamp lamp that features a clip on the base so that you can fasten it on a table, bed headboard, desk, computers, among other places. With it, you can benefit from an optimal view of a range of places. This is due to the adjustable arm that lets you position the light in such a way that it directs the light to the place you want to view.
The LED lighting features two switches on the cord. One of the switches allows you to select from three options; a warm light, white light or off. On the other hand, the other switch lets you adjust the brightness so that you can use a bright light or dim light.
What we like
- LEDs produce soft light that doesn’t flicker to help reduce eye fatigue.
- Two switches on the cord let you select the ideal color temperature mode and the level of brightness.
- An adjustable light holder and arm bend up to 360degrees to allow you to set a perfect viewing angle and lighting direction.
- Clamp base allows you to clip the base on a table, book, bed headboard among other areas to enhance convenience.
4. Brightech – LightView Flex 2 in 1 Version – SuperBright LED Magnifier Lamp
When you are in need of the best-LED lighting for work, hobbies, or reading, I recommend that you get Brightech SuperBright LED Magnifier Lamp. It is a versatile lamp that features an interchangeable base and clamp so that you can use the lighting as a clamp lamp or a desk lamp. Hence, you can interchange the base and the clamp so that you can use the clip when you want to fasten the LED lamp on the desk or a book.
On the other hand, you can use the base when you want a desk lamp that is suitable for placing on a workbench. As such, you can be sure to get the convenience needed for different projects including arts, knitting, needlework, electronics, among others.
What we like
- Interchangeable base and clamp let’s you use the LED lights as a desk lamp or clamp lamp.
- 13.5″ flexible gooseneck allows you to bend the light to the desired workplace position.
- LEDs that stay cool to the touch enhance safety.
- An advanced 6000K cool white LED technology enhances energy efficiency and an extended lifetime.
- An authentic 3″ diopter glass lens provides bright light that doesn’t glare.
3. Mighty Bright 40511 XtraFlex2 Book Light, Blue
Are you a person who minds too much about design? If so, I suggest that you get this book light. It features a stylish design, where it is available in a variety of colors. Hence, you can be sure to get a book light that will match your decor. What’s more is that it features two energy-efficient LEDs that cast a bright white light. Because of this, you can be sure to get enough light suitable for reading at night.
Once you get this lamp, you can opt to use one LED or both at a time, based on your preferred level of brightness. The lamp derives its power from three AAA batteries. It comes with an optional AC adapter making it easy to recharge. More to that is an optional cradle base so that you can use the book lamp easily without having to adjust on a regular basis.
Due to the adjustable neck that holds the light, you can be sure to direct the source of light where you need it. You can use the light when it is attached to almost anything, thanks to the sturdy clip grips that provide a secure grip.
What we like
- A sturdy clip that opens wide so that it can grip to a variety of items.
- A flexible neck lets you direct the source of light to the desired position.
- Two LEDs that can light individually or as a pair based on the required level of lighting.
- An optional cradle base enhances stability when you do not want to use the clip.
2. Rechargeable 3000K Warm 6 LED Book Light
Are you a person who loves to read at night but haven’t located the best book lights for this purpose? If you answered yes, I recommend that you get this LED lighting. With it, you do not have to worry about disturbing your partner, since the light features three brightness levels. On top of that, the LED lighting features a super lightweight design and a base clip. As such, you can be sure to have a book LED light that is suitable for taking to a variety of places.
Another benefit of these LED lights is the 3000K warm SMD LED technology. This allows you to benefit from the most suitable light color for eye-care reading and a more lighted-up space. Hence, you can light up two full pages of any document without the need for adjusting the lamp’s position from time to time.
What we like
- Built-in 1000mAh rechargeable battery eliminates the need for wired connections.
- Three brightness settings let you select the desired right level.
- Lightweight and compact design enhance portability.
- The modes of powering including the use of a USB cable, power adapter/charger, and power bank enhances convenience.
- A flexible and adjustable neck makes it easy to position the book LED lights.
1. Led Clip Reading Light, Raniaco Daylight 12 LEDs Reading Lamp
We are kicking off our review with this book LED light from Raniaco. It derives its power from a built-in 1000mAh battery that can be recharged using a USB charger, mobile phone adapter, notebook PC USB or a car USB cable.
What’s more is that it is a plug and play unit where you can use it when plugged into a power source. You can get it with an assurance that it will emit light that is safe for the eyes since the 12 LED bulbs produce a soft light that doesn’t flicker or emit negative radiation.
In addition to that, you can get it when you want a book LED light that is convenient to use due to the included clip base and stand. The clip can be opneed at 2.36″ so that you can fasten it on a book or table.
What we like
- 360-degree rotating design lets you bend the light up or down.
- A safety charging indicator that lights red, when charging and goes off when a battery is full, protects the battery from overcharging.
- Three levels of brightness and a smart touch sensor let you get a light flow that won’t affect your eyes.
- Anti-slip silicone pad and the lightweight design enhances sturdiness when the lights are in a standing position.
The Best book lights with LED lighting
Before we have a look at the top 10 best book lights with LED, let’s have a brief look at the points that you should consider when you want to select the best-LED lighting. Pay attention to these features when reading through the reviews so that you can determine the book LED light that will meet your needs best.
Brightness level and control:
If all you need is an additional source of light, you might not want to get a book LED light that emits bright light. However, if that is the only source of light, you may want to get a book light that can emit bright light. So, better opt for a light that features an adjustable brightness level.
The design of the base:
Note that book lights feature two base designs. You can get a light that features a clip on the base or one that features a stand. For you to determine the LED book light that suits your need, begin by identifying the reason for getting the lamp. Also, determine how much space you need on the desk. If you will need a big workspace area, it is best if you get a lamp that features a clamp base so that you can clip the book light on the desk.
These are some of the questions that you will need to answer when it comes to battery life. For you to get the best book lights, better opt for a lighting system that doesn’t take long to charge, and one that stays for a long time before another recharge. After all, you do not want to waste a lot of time due to frequent recharging.
Flexible neck design:
Another tip that will let you choose the best-LED book lights lies in getting a lamp with an adjustable neck or arm. The reason behind this is to allow you to direct the light to the page you are reading. Therefore, ensure that the lights feature a flexible neck and one that remains in the desired position.
Are the LEDs considered to be safe for the eyes? The best book light should include LEDs that do not flicker so that you do not strain your eyes. Therefore, get a light with LEDs that provide a consistent light so that you can be sure that your eyes are protected.
The best book lights with LED should help you have an easy time reading a book. On top of that, such a light source should protect you from eyestrain so that you can enjoy reading for a prolonged period. For such reasons, I recommend that you opt to get one of our picks. These lights are designed to provide soft light so that you can read your books without any strain.