Have you been trying to get the best speeds or signal from your router with no success? At times, your router’s wifi signal can go down, making it difficult for you to get an excellent connection. Besides, thanks to the rise of Access points that help to boost the wifi signal to let you benefit from superior connections and a better wifi range.
Moreover, if you are a heavy internet user, a Wireless Access Point can be of great use to you since it will help you maintain a strong connection at all times. This means that to get the most out of the device you purchase, you will have to get the best in the market.
Hence, how do you ensure that you buy the best wireless access point in the market?
However, let’s begin by having a look at some of the reasons you need an access point, and the factors to consider before buying one of these for those who may not have an idea.
Let’s check a run-through of the best sellers down below :
Here’s the full reviewed of “the 10 Best Wireless Access Point” :
- 10. ASUS AC1750 Wireless Dual Band
- 9. NETGEAR Dual Band (WAC104-100NAS)
- 8. NETGEAR AC1200 Desktop WiFi Range Extender (EX6200)
- 7. Engenius Outdoor Wireless Access Point N300
- 6. TP-Link AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
- 5. Securifi Almond Access Point
- 4. Meraki MR18 Dual-Band Wireless Network Access Point
- 3. Linksys Business LAPAC1200 Access Point Wireless
- 2. Ubiquiti UniFi Enterprise WiFi System AP-Pro (UAP-PRO)
- 1. Google Wifi system – Router replacement for whole-home coverage
10. ASUS AC1750 Wireless Dual Band
This is a wireless access system that applies a concurrent dual-band technology. Hence, it delivers high internet speeds of up to 1.75Gbps. What’s more, it features a 5th generation 802.11ac chipset. With this, the unit can provide high-speed wireless internet access. You can use it for fast wired internet connections due to the four Gigabit Ethernet ports that allow you to connect wired devices. What’s more is that you can use AiRadar technology with it, for a more consistent and expanded internet coverage.
In addition, the unit includes dual multi-purpose USB ports. With these, you can use the device for printer sharing, file sharing, as well as 3G sharing. Additionally, you can benefit from wireless data storage when due to the featured Download Master application. The unit is easy to set up due to the incorporated ASUSWRT dashboard.
So, you can use it anywhere despite the space available due to the slim design that allows it to fit in a small space. Even better, it is VESA wall-mountable to allow you to wall mount it even behind monitors.
What we like
- Four Gigabit LAN ports for fast wired connections.
- A concurrent 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band for speeds of up to 1.75Gbps.
- 5th generation 802.11ac chipset for high-speed wireless internet access.
- AiRadar technology to provide an expanded and more consistent coverage.
- Download Master for wireless data storage.
- 2 built-in USB ports for file sharing, 3G sharing, and printer sharing.
- ASUSWRT dashboard UI for an easy setup and signal monitoring.
- Slim design to enable it to fit anywhere.
- VESA wall-mountable to wall mounts it anywhere even behind monitors.
- 3 external antennas for enhanced signal reception.
9. NETGEAR Dual Band (WAC104-100NAS)
Looking for an affordable access point that will provide high performance and superior wifi coverage? If so, this is one of the units to give a try. It comes with factory tuned external antennas to enhance high performance and superior coverage. Additionally, it is a dual-band system that operates at 2.4GHz for speeds of up to 300Mbps, and 5GHz for rates up to 876Mbps. As such, it provides you with a reliable internet connection to use in various situations.
The device is easy to operate. Thanks to the wifi protected system (WPS) button that allows you to add new wireless clients with a single touch of a button. What’s more, is that it incorporates a graphical user interface that allows an easy setup and configuration.
Moreover, you can use the unit to provide fast wired connections since it comes with four Gigabit Ethernet ports. These enable you to connect PCs, laptops, gaming consoles, to let you benefit from fast speeds.
What we like
- A dual-band 802.11ac 1.2Gbps wireless access point.
- Four built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports to connect wired devices for a fast connection.
- The graphical user interfaces for an easy setup and configuration.
- WPS (Wifi protected system) button for one-touch client connectivity.
- Backward compatible with 11n devices• Factory tuned external antennas for high performance and superior coverage.
8. NETGEAR AC1200 Desktop WiFi Range Extender (EX6200)
Featuring a dual-core processor, this is one of the best wireless access points for maximum wifi performance. You can use it to extend wifi to a Samsung Galaxy S6, iPad Air 2, Amazon Fire Tv, iPhone 6, among other devices. It applies a 700mW high-power for a better and long-range connection. What’s more, is that it applies a high-gain 5dBi antenna to enhance maximum wifi coverage.
You can use the device for connecting game consoles, Blu-ray players, streaming players, smart TVs among other wired devices for a fast-wired connection. Additionally, you can use the AC1200 range extender to allow you to extend dual band wifi up to 1200Mbps. This unit is a good option if you want a reliable connection.
Thanks to the beaming feature that helps focus wifi signals directly to the wireless devices.
What we like
- 700mW high-power for a long-range connection.
- High-gain 5dBi antenna for maximum wifi coverage.
- AC1200 range extender to extend dual band wifi up to 1200Mbps.
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast wired connections.
- Beaming feature to focus wifi signals to wireless devices directly for a reliable connection.
- Dual-core processor for maximum wifi performance.
- Ideal for extending wifi to an iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6, and Amazon Fire TV.
7. Engenius Outdoor Wireless Access Point N300
Being compliant with the IEEE802.11 a/n standards, this is one of the best wireless access points for an 802.11n wireless type connection. It features an IP65 rated weatherproof housing that makes it efficient for use in an outdoor harsh weather condition. As such, you can be sure to enjoy a long-range internet connection while outside. The unit uses a 400mW RF power to enhance long-range coverage.
What’s more, is that it features two detachable 5dBi omnidirectional high gain antennas. These enable it to establish a strong signal allowing you to benefit from a stable connection. It utilizes a 5GHz frequency band.
This makes it suitable for use to provide a small business network or connections in restaurants, for employees among other places so that it avoids congested wireless traffics from devices that use the 2.4 GHz, frequency band.
Furthermore, you can also use this unit with confidence that it will provide you with a safe wifi connection. The reason behind this is that it includes WPA/WPA2 personal and enterprise encryption to avoid unauthorized connections.
What’s more, is that it uses MAC address filtering. This lets you authorize or block the connected devices based on their MAC addresses. More to that is a hidden SSID, and 802.1x RADIUS authentication all meant to secure the network.
What we like
- Complies with IEEE802.11 a/n standards.
- 400mW power for long-range coverage.
- Two detachable 5dBi omnidirectional high gain antennas.
- A 5GHz frequency band for maximum speeds of up to 300Mbps.
- Security features include WPA/WPA2 personal and enterprise encryption, hidden SSID, 802.1x RADIUS authentication, and MAC address filtering.
- IP65 rated weatherproof housing for efficient operation in inclement weather.
6. TP-Link AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
With this unit, you can be sure to benefit from the best wifi coverage in your home. It features a range extender button that allows you to expand the wireless coverage, and as such enjoy internet connection from any spot in your home. Additionally, the unit features an intelligent signal indicator. This enables it to determine the ideal location to place it, for the best internet performance.
This access point is suitable for use in Hd streaming, online gaming, among other activities that require fast internet speeds. This is due to the featured fast ethernet port that allows a connection to wired devices for the best speeds. It supports a dual-band connection so that you can use the 2.4GHz for up to 300Mbps and 5GHz for up to 867 Mbps.
So, you can use the device with any 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac router or access point.
What we like
- A dual-band connection. 2.4GHz for up to 300Mbps and 5GHz for up to 867 Mbps.
- Transfer rates of up to 1200Mbps AC wifi speeds.
- Ethernet port to connect wired devices.
- Universal compatibility to work with any 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac router or access point.
- AP mode that creates a new wireless access point.
- Ability to extend wifi to PlayStation 4, TP-Link smart bulbs, iPhone 7, iPad 4, TP-Link smart plugs, Samsung Galaxy S7 among other devices.
- Range extender button to expand the wireless coverage.
- Intelligent signal indicator to determine the best installation location.
5. Securifi Almond Access Point
This is one of the best wireless access points to buy when you need a unit that will keep your connection protected. It allows you to connect it with your phone so that you can get notifications from anyplace about anyone who joins or leaves your network. What’s more, is that it allows you to block some of the users using your network. As such, you do not have to go through the process of resetting your passwords.
The unit also features parental controls and guest networks. Parental controls allow you to stay in control over the period your kids access the network. On the other hand, guest networks provide your visitors with a separate connection so that they don’t connect to your primary network.
Due to Almond’s default SSID “no map” tag, you can rest assured that Google’s location tracking database will not locate the location of this device. You can get the unit for use with your iPad, iPhone, Xbox, Pc, among other devices.
More to that is that you can get it whatsoever your router since it is compatible with routers from Apple, Cisco, Asus, AT&T, Dlink, Netgear, among others. The device is easy to set up and only takes up to 3 minutes since it features a touchscreen wizard for an easy setup.
Additionally, it does not require a PC, CD, or Mac for setup making the process a lot easier. The device serves as a wireless bridge, access point, range extender, and a wifi wireless router.
What we like
- Touchscreen wizard for an easy setup.
- Compatibility with a variety of devices including Mac, iPad, Windows, Xbox, Linux, iPhone, PC.
- A multi-purpose unit that serves as a range extender, wifi wireless router, wireless bridge, and access point.
- Universal range extender mode makes it compatible with any router including Belkin, Netgear, Linksys among others.
- Almond default SSID ‘no map’ tag prevents Google’s location tracking database from recording its location.
- Parental controls and guest networks to enhance security.
4. Meraki MR18 Dual-Band Wireless Network Access Point
Featuring a Gigabit Ethernet port, this unit is ideal for use with all wired devices. As such, you can connect computers, laptops, among other gadgets for fast internet speeds. The Access point features a 2.4 and 5 GHz dual-band connection.
In this case, it possibly enables you to benefit from transfer rates of up to 600Mbps, as such supporting fast downloads and uploads.
With this unit, you do not need a separate power adapter. Thanks to the Power over Ethernet feature that enables electrical power and data to pass through one ethernet cable. The access point also includes a cloud-managed third radio that helps to optimize the RF environments and also secure airwaves.
What we like
- Gigabit Ethernet port for fast wired connections.
- 2.4 and 5 GHz dual-band to support different transfer rates up to 600Mbps.
- Cloud-managed third radio to optimize the RF environment and secure the airwaves.
- Power over Ethernet to pass electrical power and data over one cable.
- 802.11n cloud-managed access point.
3. Linksys Business LAPAC1200 Access Point Wireless
This unit allows you to benefit from transfer speeds of up to 1200Mbps. It features a dual-band system that features 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual wireless bands to let you get the transfer rates that suit the activity you are doing. More to that is that it includes Gigabit Ethernet ports to allow you to benefit from a fast internet when using wired devices.
The system features a workgroup bridge mode that enhances a wireless range extension. What’s more, is a Power over Ethernet feature that supports the passage of data and electrical power over one cable.
Hence, you will not need a separate power adapter when using this device. Additionally, it supports a clustering single point control. With this, you can be sure to manage multiple wireless access points over a single control point.
When you get one of these devices, you can be sure to benefit from several security measures. These include Wifi Protected Access(WPA) and Wifi Protected Access II (WPA2) that prevent unauthorized internet users from connecting. More to that is the MAC address filtering that enables you to authorize or block particular devices based on their Mac addresses.
What we like
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual wireless bands for fast download and upload speeds.
- Clustering single-point control to manage multiple wireless access points with a single point control.
- Gigabit Ethernet port to support fast wired connections.
- Workgroup Bridge mode to extend the wireless range.
- PoE allows electrical power and data passage via one cable.
- Wifi protected access, Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service, MAC address filtering, among other security protocols.
- 802.11ac technology for high-speed wireless internet access.
2. Ubiquiti UniFi Enterprise WiFi System AP-Pro (UAP-PRO)
With an easy mounting sleek wall or ceiling mount design, this is one of the best Access points worth considering when you want a unit that will not take any space in your home. It supports a dual-band 2.4GHz /5GHz wifi signal.
With the 2.4GHz, it supports speeds of up to 300Mbps, while the 5GHz signal enables it to provide rates of up to 450Mbps. As such, you can be sure to have gotten a system that will allow you to customize its speeds based on your needs.
The unit is not only functional but good looking as well. This is due to the unique LED provisioning ring that adds some beautiful look to your house. It includes the Power over Ethernet functionality to allow it to pass electrical power and data through one ethernet cable. As such, it eliminates the need to get a separate power adapter.
The device is an 802.11 a/b/g/n wifi system to enable it to provide high-speed wireless internet access.
What we like
- A wall or ceiling mount design.
- Power over Ethernet functionality to pass electrical power and data over one cable.
- Aesthetic industrial design with an LED ring.
- 802.11 a/b/g/n wifi system.
1. Google Wifi system – Router replacement for whole-home coverage
As the best wireless access point in our review, this unit gets to you in a set of three. You can use a single wifi point to cover up to 1500 square feet, while you can use the entire set of three to cover up to 4500 square feet. As such, you can be sure to have gotten a reliable wireless access point for use in your entire home.
The unit is compatible with several internet service providers thereby giving you the chance to select your provider. Some of the ISPs that you can get your services from when using this set include Comcast, Verizon Fios, and Time Warner.
More to that is that the device gives you the chance to keep your connections fast. Thanks to the incorporated Network Assist technology that helps to select the clearest channel and the fastest band to connect your devices.
With this gadget, you can see the connected devices through the companion app. Also, you can prioritize the main devices. What’s more, is that you can use it to share your password with guests to let them enjoy the wifi in your place.
Even better, you can be sure to pause the connection on your kid’s gadgets during dinner or bedtime.
What we like
- Compatible with several ISPs including Time Warner, Comcast, Verizon Fios among others.
- Network assist technology for fast connections.
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports per wifi point to connect wired devices.
- 2.4GHz /5GHz simultaneous dual-band wifi for a strong signal.
- A companion app that helps prioritize connected devices.
- A set of three where a single set covers 500-1500 square feet, while the three cover up to 4500 square feet.
The Best Wireless Access Point
Why you need an Access Point?
There are several reasons to get a wireless access point for a network.
The first reason is to increase the number of users using your wifi. This majorly applies to businesses such as restaurants where you might need to let your customers access the network. Due to its strong ability to send and receive signals, an access point will let more people connect without affecting the signal strength of connected devices
More to that is that it helps provide a better range of the connection. As such, it will let you roam freely with your connected device without having to worry about the strength of the signal getting disrupted.
Hence, it makes a perfect investment when your enterprise is big, and when you have to move from building to building with a connected device.
How to find the best Wireless Access Point?
- Wifi range:
One of the main reasons to get an access point is to extend the range of your wifi. As such, the area the wireless access point can manage to cover is something that you can’t ignore. Ensure that you get a unit with an ability to cover the distance you need to be covered. Better opt for a device that provides a bigger and better rangeability for the best value.
Why do you need the access point in the first place? Do you need to boost your internet speeds for gaming, or other online activities that require fasts speeds? Whatever the exercise you will be performing, ensure that the access point can boost the speed to the desired level. You can find out this by checking at the rated kilobits, bits per second, or megabit rating of the unit. If you need the fastest internet speeds, opt for a device with a high rating of these values.
- Dual or single band:
Here, you will need to consider the number of wireless networks in your neighborhood and the speeds you need from your connection. If you have lots of neighbors who use wireless internet, you will need to get a wireless access point that incorporates a dual-band technology to help reduce interference from other networks.
When you opt for a dual-band, you will find access points that come with a 2.4 GHz and 5GHz frequency band. So, how do you select one from the two? If you intend to connect older gadgets and when you do not need a very high Mbps rate, a 2.4 frequency band will serve the purpose.
With the increase in internet usage today, you will want to get a strong and consistent wifi signal at all times. After all, you do not want to lose your connection while in a very important activity.
As such, be sure to get one of the wireless access points reviewed here, since these are tested to ensure that they can provide you with a reliable wifi connection at all times.